Super Contributor

Convection fan died on my Breville toaster oven!

It is 3 years old and worked like a champ until today. The convection fan just started humming and does not work. I need to replace this asap, it is my main cooking unit.

I really like Breville a lot but will buy from A. Looked at the Cuisinart and it gets too hot on the outside.

Do you have a large toaster type oven you love? I would love to hear all recs. Q no longer sells my model.

Respected Contributor

Re: Convection fan died on my Breville toaster oven!

@cozyseeker I know what you mean about Breville. I have one of their ovens that is large enough to hold my lasagne casserole. It is an air fryer as well. I will never be without one again. There are just the two of us, and it is our workhorse oven.

I am sorry yours died, but I would only replace it with a Breville.

Regular Contributor

My Breville started making loud noise, and we finally had to stop using it.  In researching on line it is a fan weakness in the unit.  I also got mine from QVC.  I don't know if they ever corrected their design flaw.

I purchased an Emeril model that had many of the same features as the Breville.  I don't like it.  I don't like how it toasts, and the inside area seems a bit smaller.  It has the same footprint on my countertop as the Breville.

Bed Bath and Beyond has three models of the Breville, Amazon carries it too.  

If you find a good replacement, please post as I would be interested.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I had a Breville from the Q also for about 3 years and it did the same thing to me.  It's funny that you had the same experience as I didn't know this was a problem until now.  I bought another of the same but will probably not buy another now.  I just bought my daughter the Ninja convection/air fryer oven for Christmas.  She asked for it so I hope she likes it.  

Honored Contributor

My Breville is either 3 or 4 years old and is on its last legs with several things wrong with it; timer doesn't work, I can only use bake function.  I'll not get another. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

So I just watched a YT video and the suggestion was to force some some compressed air into the fan unit from the inside vents.

It seems that the fan gets gunked up from use and forcing air will dislodge gunk and get the fan moving again.

If you cant find a can of compressed air, you can try a hair dryer on no heat/high speed.

Trusted Contributor

My Breville is at least 6 years old and still performs well.  However, my issue isn't with the fan, but rather with the on button.  Takes several attempts to get it going.  Everything else is working just fine.  I will continue to use mine until it no longer will turn on, but in the meantime I am shopping for a new one.  I have been considering KA.  Anyone have one? Thoughts ? 

Esteemed Contributor

I own 3 Breville appliances and 3 of their pans.  I love it all, great brand!

Respected Contributor

I'd consider the Anova oven that is built solid and has a nice sous vide option as long as I was willing to spend upward of $400.  The Anova runs about another hundred and has positive reviews.  They're all expensive but I would rather pay more for something that has both a good name behind it and is well built, plus has all the options I'd want. 

I own the Anova stick sous vide so can't justify buying the oven even though I'd love to have it.

Super Contributor

If you contact Breville, they have a program where for something like $135, they will totally service the toaster oven for you. I can not remember all the things they do. They will repair your issue and do a tune-up on the item. The last time I talked to them about this was just before COVID, so they may not do this any more. You should contact them though. Some people will balk at the idea of paying for a repair and shipping their oven, but I love my Breville so much, that I am about to do this myself. I have a wonky toast level knob that needs to be fixed while I can still get it done. I would not expect this to be fast in this day of supply chain issues either btw. I have a secondary Oster oven that I. An use while this is gone, so that is why I am even considering sending the Breville out.