Super Contributor

Considering Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker

I'm considering purchasing a Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker. Does anyone have one and if so, what are your thoughts? Do you like it? Which model do you have? QVC sells a couple of models and there are more on Amazon. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Considering Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker

my husband is the cook in the family, and he bought this brand rice cooker a few years ago. i don't know the model, but they're pretty pricey. it's so worth it. rice comes out perfect every single time. it takes an hour and half, but worth the wait. 

Super Contributor

You're right, pricey, but as you say, worth it. I appreciate your response.

Honored Contributor

How does an induction rice cooker differ from others or are all the others induction too?

Respected Contributor

Ive had one for several years and they work beautifully.  Love how the rice comes out.  I dont know what model it is, but its a small one.  It will make 4 cupsof cooked rice when its done.  I love it.

Occasional Contributor

I have owned a Zojirushi induction rice cooker for about 15 years. I purchased it at QVC because of the easy pays. It turned out to be one of the best kitchen appliances I have ever purchased. It makes perfect rice and cleans up incredibly easy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Respected Contributor

One of these will be delivered to my door next Monday from Amazon, a "like new" with a damaged box and a marked-down price.  I shopped and this was a good buy.  I was not about to pay the outrageous price of their more expensive pressure style when I have pressure cookers for that, the lower priced models that have been around longer and proved their reliability seemed good enough for me.  I also opted for a smaller 1L model since we are a family of two.  I was not having consistent good experiences with the pressure cooker or stove top methods.

The Zo has settings for Jasmine, brown rice, and oatmeal, which are the only extras I really care about.

Reviewers rave about this line, claiming the quality of the finished rice is worth the time and expense.  The numbers saying so have to be given some credence. 

Respected Contributor

Quality just like their bread machines.

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl YES I can answer you!  In the past 20 or so years we've had 3.  That is our most recent one and it makes great rice.  The thing to look for is the one with the settings you will use most.  There is a newer model to consider too--just find what you like. We have the NP-HCC10 and use it probably most.  We use quick cycle pretty often too.

The first was the white "egg shaped" Neuro Fuzzy--which we got from QVC long long ago and still works great.  We also have a smaller cheaper Zojiriushi that does quinoa and steel cut oats over night and it's great too--paid about $110 on black Friday a few years ago and we do use it a lot too.  I think it is 3 cup size.  They are all the smaller models and still make a lot of rice.

They all make great rice.  They all work and work great.  We even make GABA brown rice pretty often--and it takes a long cycle.   The quick rice works too and there is lots of information on the Zo website about rice and cooking.

I'll bet you love whatever you buy!  We use ours a lot!