Trusted Contributor

Re: Confused/Mixed Reaction to Copper Chef

@suzyQ3, ITA about #4! But the booklet really says that. Now, I don't keep "refined olive oil" around and I seldom have clarified butter around--I like it but it's pricey. 

I've been giving the pan a workout (with EVOO and avo oil) and so far it's okay. I like the size and shape. Meat cooked without oil tends to stick, but comes off well when I add a bit of water while the pan is still hot. And I can only lose $20 anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Respected Contributor

@KaySD, when it was a TSV I bought two of them-and the workmanship is questionable. 

I knew better-but bought the pitch that it can be used on high heat....it warped. It's still usable, but on a glass top range the warp is noticeable and cooks unevenly.

The second continues to amaze me: it's one of DH's favorites! He deep fries, broils, roasts at high temperatures. That pan is a Titan!

We don't put any pans in the washer-ever.

My conclusion is that for this product, there are good days and there are bad days at the facility that makes them.....

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Poodlepet2. Thanks for the detailed info. How frustrating! Maybe they are made a several different manufacturing facilities? 

One of the replies above suggested I get some "real" cookware. Funny! I do have real cookware, of course, but I was willing to try CC out just to see. And I do like the small, square, shallow form of this pan.

I'm finding that food does stick to the pan, but is very easy to remove--so far--if I place a wet paper towel in the bottom of the pan right after I take it off the heat. It would probably be the same thing if I put hot water in. No warping yet!

Respected Contributor

Ihave not needed to put mine in the dishwasher..perhaps they are worried that the evolution and butter, with their lower smoking point, might be inferior for frying..They are, I only sauté with either....

I life mine...and I DO put the glass list in the DW....

I use it 3-4 times per week...alternating with my flip pans, which have etymologies similar use and care instructions...