Respected Contributor

Walls are seaglass green - very vibrant - I like color - medium colored cabinets.  Red and butter yellow accents - a little french countryish.

Honored Contributor

My walls are lemon yellow, cabinets are white with dark grey countertops.

My floor is wood.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Colors of your Kitchen

[ Edited ]

Log walls, light oak laminate on floor, pecan cabinets, black appliances.  Island made out of a slab of a pine tree we cut to build the house.  What I don't like is the black marble formica countertop, should have splurged on stone. Sort of monochromatic, I guess. 

Honored Contributor

painted blue

counter tops brown

Honored Contributor

@GCR18  Oh, your's sounds great!!!  I LOVE a fireplace in the kitchen.  Would love to see photos.  Your colors sound good too.

May I ask, is your kitchen really big to encompass a fireplace? 

I had a girlfriend years ago and went to her home for a wonderful weekend in the summer.  The kitchen in her parents' home was enormous, sporting a large fireplace.  I was in love with the look.

Honored Contributor

@karol59  TEAL - one of my fav colors.  You'll have to post photos when it's finished. Would love to see your full color spectrum.

Honored Contributor

We just re-painted and gave our kitchen another re-do.  The walls are a medium charcoal grey flr to about 5' up, the rest of the walls & ceiling is a soft grey. To separate the two is an alum strip with red vinyl in the center all the way around.  Was there originally, we left it. I wanted new appliances so I got rid of the SS and now have a crisp clean 5 burner white range & refridge.  LOVE them against the grey.  We changed out the baker's rack next to the range and I bought from Wayfair a white server/buffet for pots, pans w/lids in upper 2 drawers, p&p in two enclosed cupboards below with a wine rack in between. i LOVE IT! It fits perfectly under a large kit window.  Next to the range we moved a SS bar/table, great workspace next to the range. It was at the window. Works better at opposing wall now., should've done it sooner.

Floor is 12" sq, 3 color tiles Marmoleum earth friendly in mottled charcoal, a light grey and red. 

We are loving the changes.  It all looks great, should've done it sooner.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

Here is your inspiration kitchen-

Thanks for sharing! Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Colors of your Kitchen

[ Edited ]

typical condo-pecan cabinets, light beige counter tops, bisque appliances.  With all these neutral tones I change the decor pieces/accents with the seasons---currently a I have a few blue and patriotic accents, yellow decor for summer, then it will be autumn decor, then Christmas.......I had spring flowers for SpringEaster season

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My kitchen colors are black with red accents.  I love both of these colors, but red needs to be in small doses otherwise it becomes - just, not good - plus you have to be able to tonally match reds.   Orangey reds don't go with blue reds and too-blue reds are too dark.  So you have to pick one and doing it with restraint really makes it nice.

Black is my favorite color so I'd have everything in black if I could.  I have black appliances, so that's great for me.   I also love a good solid red - not orangey at all but not too much blue to make it dark or muddied.  Just right in the middle, slightly on the blue side.  Smiley Happy   My counters are old tile counters, so nothing exciting there.  Maybe some day I'll replace them - I don't know.  

I don't entertain anymore so, except my husband passing through the room, I'm the only one who spends time in the kitchen.    I'm fortunate that I have plenty of room and lots of cabinets.  I do fill them up, though, but I keep the counters somewhat clutter-free.  Clutter gives me anxiety.  I have some things out, of course, but I like having plenty of space on the counters to work.