Honored Contributor

walls - killian beige

backsplash - 1" tiles in shades of brown,beige, taupe, ivory & grey.

countertops -Wilsonart jeweled ivoory. Actually the same colors as the backsplash but a granite look. 

floors - tan tile

appliances and wood trim are all white.

cabinets - maple in a medium brown shade.

Our builder offered a choice of color family you could pick if you wanted to  and their designer would make all the choices . I chose beige, they also had green , blue and ivory and if you did not pick one of those they just painted everything in the house white, and you could pick your own tile and countertops etc.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't entertain anymore so, except my husband passing through the room, I'm the only one who spends time in the kitchen.    I'm fortunate that I have plenty of room and lots of cabinets.  I do fill them up, though, but I keep the counters somewhat clutter-free.  Clutter gives me anxiety.  I have some things out, of course, but I like having plenty of space on the counters to work.

THAT made my day...you are too too funny!

This can change, I'm sure you'll have a lot of company if you let everyone know what time dinner is?                         LOL

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  I have been trying to source that wallpaper, I googled everything I could think of, I called Kohler and they didn't have that info, only the tile info and of course the sink/faucets.   I'm assuming the cabinets are painted plum, that's a pretty good paint job if that's true.

That color combination just brings a smile to my face, they are happy colors, bold and vibrant.

Wonder if you have any ideas where I could get this info.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Colors of your Kitchen

[ Edited ]

White ceiling, light beige walls, hickory cabinets, forest green laminate counter tops. White appliances.

I want to change the countertops to quartz (when I win the lottery LOL)

Regular Contributor

I want to get new kitchen chairs but that will have to wait, those easy pays are killing me, lol. And nice shades, don't know what they are called but you can see out but they can't see in, a tan color in both.

Respected Contributor

Love the plum and wallpaper.  Here is a photo of my neighbor's kitchen.  The red cabinets are more of a faded raspberry color:

Picture of Velia Laccata - Italian Kitchen Cabinets

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@GCR18  Oh, your's sounds great!!!  I LOVE a fireplace in the kitchen.  Would love to see photos.  Your colors sound good too.

May I ask, is your kitchen really big to encompass a fireplace? 

I had a girlfriend years ago and went to her home for a wonderful weekend in the summer.  The kitchen in her parents' home was enormous, sporting a large fireplace.  I was in love with the look.

The kitchen is huge.  I moved from the east coast to the midwest, so property prices were significantly lower.  My east coast house could fit in my current garage.  LOL.  J/k.  It is an open concept house, but I have 3/4 of a wall between the kitchen and living room.  The fireplace is two sided.  One side in the kitchen, the other in the living room.  It is between the walls, so it doesn't take up space.  Also have sliding doors going out to the backyard in the kitchen.  I consider myself lucky to have it.  Thanks for asking.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@lolakimono  I have been trying to source that wallpaper, I googled everything I could think of, I called Kohler and they didn't have that info, only the tile info and of course the sink/faucets.   I'm assuming the cabinets are painted plum, that's a pretty good paint job if that's true.

That color combination just brings a smile to my face, they are happy colors, bold and vibrant.

@Just Bling

The company is called Back to the Wall.  They are in New Zealand.

The paper is called "Boom Boom Mural."

They have it available on their site, but I couldn't get pricing without putting in your measurements.

Good luck!Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling

The company is called Back to the Wall.  They are in New Zealand.

The paper is called "Boom Boom Mural."

They have it available on their site, but I couldn't get pricing without putting in your measurements.

Good luck!Cat Happy

Oh my gosh, I spent so much time trying to find that info out, thank you so very much!  

Honored Contributor

My cabinets are also honey oak, style- dated, but then again I'm pretty dated myself so at least that part works together.

My countertops are a white with faint pattern Formica, and I'd love to get something else, even a Wilsonart, which I've had in the past and liked a lot. 

Appliances? Mine are almond/cream/warm bisque. They look great, but they're probably 20 years old, top-of-the-line in their time, and sat unused for at least a couple years.

My question? The laminate counters are sort of set in frames in the counter surfaces.  DH says the cabinet tops would have to be replaced, and couldn't be resurfaced. He has a tendency to make the most ponderous, negative estimates about getting work done when I want to make changes to ANYTHING, but I do wonder in this case if he's right.

Has anyone had inset Formica replaced in kitchen counters?