Esteemed Contributor

Collecting more than 1 color of Temptations?

I just recently purchased my first couple of sets of Temptations. I chose red and love it! I've been thinking about adding to it with a blue set and maybe a green set. Does anybody collect multiple colors? Just curious.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Collecting more than 1 color of Temptations?

@Goldengate8361

What pattern did you choose? Floral Lace or Old World?

Honored Contributor

I have Old World yellow, green, blue, brown, harvest, poinsettia,and spice.

I also have Floral Lace blue, green, and brown.

The one think I don't do is mix the two patterns. I don't care for that look. The Floral Lace is more elegant, the Old World is more country, or old world looking. Many people do mix the two patterns, but I just don't care for it.

Some colors mix well. The Old World brown looks great with the Old World yellow, and I'll never understand why the stopped making the yellow, as it sold out often. The yellow mixes well with the green too, and I have mixed it with the blue in the past. And brown and spice mix well.

As far as Floral Lace goes, I thing the green and brown mix really well. Lots of people mix the red and blue, and that looks nice too. I like FL brown and spice together too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio I have old world in red.  You inspire me! I really want to add old world in blue and green. Don't really know how well red, blue, and green will look together, but, heck, I like it! Sometimes if you really like something, you can convince yourself it looks good together, right? LOL

Honored Contributor

Haven't done the dots.  Got them for my DD, but I prefer Old World and Floral Lace.  Yes, I've mixed all of mine and enjoy the slight difference.  I have confetti, blue, green and black.  Floral Lace only in blue.  Don't care for the brown edges on the other colors.  DD has dots in Red and the Black and Old World in black and blue and mixes them.  I think she may have some of the others, but I can't remember.  LOL  She uses whatever I've sent her and enjoys them all.  Or, at least I haven't gotten a complaint yet and she entertains more than I do.  Her pics always look great.

It's your choice, your house, and your call.  If you like it ... go for it!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."