Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Temptations Christmas cakestand and am wondering if the Sweet Endings 7 lb. coconut cake will be too big for it. The diameter of the cakestand is 11 7/8 inches

Valued Contributor

I thought I saw the cake on one of Valerie Parr Hill's lighted cake plates (the stacking ones), maybe it wasn't, I don't know, too bad there is no video of the cake. VPH's cake stand is 10 3/4" for the largest. 

I would call customer service and ask the diameter of the cake. It did look delicious.

Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong, but I caught the end of that presentation.  Didn't they mention the diameter of the cake?  You might want to watch the video.  I remember them holding up a store-bought cake and comparing the two.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I read your post too fast.  No video!!!

Honored Contributor

I'd be willing to bet that the cake will fit on the stand.  That's almost 12" in diameter and that type of cake is probably around 10".

I bought one type of 'bomb' cake (coconut) from QVC a while back (really good!) and it fit perfectly in my 10" deal for storing.  I use an upside-down Lock & Lock bowl that's perfect for layer cakes and bundt cakes.  I have a 10" round cutting board that fits perfectly into the L&L seal, 10" parchment rounds, and the cakes always fit inside of that with a little room to spare.

So one that is almost 12" should fit any round-type cake.

This is probably a stupid question, but did you check the product description for the cake?  I usually see size info there.

Honored Contributor

They really should list the diameter of the cake in the item description. What's up with that?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to say that that cake looked so good.  

Our Sweet Endings Toasted Coconut is 10 inches round. I love cake plates that are at least 11 inch round.