Honored Contributor

I was a Clorox Wipes Hoarder before being a horder became popular!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

My husband came home with one of those giant multi-container Chlorox wipes from Costco back in early February when they first started talking about this.  He has staged them in different places throughout the house, but I don't know if any of them have even been opened.  I have so many spray cleaners I should use up and still have a bit of Chlorox left in the laundry room.

BTW, thought I would mention that Lysol and other cleaning ingredients with "ol" in the name are toxic to pets, so be careful using that around them.  Mine don't counter-surf so that would not be a problem for me.  The article I read was aimed at the cleaning of pet items like food dishes and even litter boxes.  

Respected Contributor

Not sure if it's true of other quartz countertops, but Silestone has a built-in antibacterial/antimicrobial agent in their quartz countertop materials.

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Not sure if it's true of other quartz countertops, but Silestone has a built-in antibacterial/antimicrobial agent in their quartz countertop materials.

I didn’t know that. Do you know if that’s always been the case, or just something they’ve started doing in recent years? Asking because my Silestone kitchen counters are 16 years old. ( I jumped on the quartz bandwagon early. )

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I didn’t know that. Do you know if that’s always been the case, or just something they’ve started doing in recent years? Asking because my Silestone kitchen counters are 16 years old. ( I jumped on the quartz bandwagon early. )

@shoesnbags  I don't know.  You might contact Cosentino's customer service & ask.  My Silestone counters were installed in 2013 & it was in the product info I got at that time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@shoesnbags  I don't know.  You might contact Cosentino's customer service & ask.  My Silestone counters were installed in 2013 & it was in the product info I got at that time.  

@aubnwa01 

Thanks so much.  I will definitely call them.  It may have been in my product info too, but it was so many years ago.  And I doubt that I was as interested as I am now lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Please dont use a roll of paper towels stored in clorox. Even diluted clorox, the paper towels will disintegrate into a mushy mess.

You'll have wasted paper towels and clorox.

Make your disinfectant fresh and pour it in a spritzer bottle. Wipe with a damp paper towel.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to add....Don't throw the used ones down the toilet.....

We had a plumber on our local news saying people are plugging up their pipes.....

Trusted Contributor

My question is what is up with Clorox? We haven't been able to purchase bleach, wipes or any Clorox products at our local grocery store for over three months. Just seems strange they are still having stocking issues. Our grocery shelves in that area are still bare. Is it to raise prices or what? Cannot see any reason for these shortages. 

to still be going on. 

Respected Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

My question is what is up with Clorox? We haven't been able to purchase bleach, wipes or any Clorox products at our local grocery store for over three months. Just seems strange they are still having stocking issues. Our grocery shelves in that area are still bare. Is it to raise prices or what? Cannot see any reason for these shortages. 

to still be going on. 

I believe that the demand for their product has far outstripped their sort term production ability.