Respected Contributor

Click Close storage containers ?

Watching ITKWD and they were showing a click close storage containers. It seems just like Lock N Lock. Wonder if QVC is still going to sell Lock N Lock? They only have 4 colors to choose from but why would you have almost the same product as the Lock N Lock?

Honored Contributor

Re: Click Close storage containers ?

I wondered the same thing.  Why do they have duplicate/similar products to sell.  I will stick with Lock 'n Lock.  They also showed an expandable compartment bag for your car that came with a separate cooler bag.  Sachi has sold the same thing for quite awhile.  I have it and love it.  

Honored Contributor

@sissel I bet it is q in house version of lock and lock and so we won't see much of the lock and lick.

Honored Contributor

Nothing compares to Lock & Lock containers! I fell for all the dupes out there and eventually got rid of them. My L&L? I still have, from the very beginning, over 10 years now! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@sissel I bet it is q in house version of lock and lock and so we won't see much of the lock and lick.

----------

Gross

Honored Contributor

When I first saw the new container, I was hoping it was a new line in GLASS and not plastic, to not compete with L&L but to give another option, but NO.   I won't buy anymore plastic.    I prefer glass.    

@sissel wrote:

Watching ITKWD and they were showing a click close storage containers. It seems just like Lock N Lock. Wonder if QVC is still going to sell Lock N Lock? They only have 4 colors to choose from but why would you have almost the same product as the Lock N Lock?

Honored Contributor

This product didn't seem at all like L&L to me.  I only watched part of the presentation, but I could clearly see the cheapness of the plastic and construction.

Sure, I am a L&L fan but I'm being objective.  That was the sole purpose of watching.   I wouldn't touch it and I'm a crazy nut for food storage.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw this and wondered what they were thinking as well.

They know we ask for more new things, and this was the best they could do?

I understand not everyone wants the same brand of something. Thus they offer more than one brand of vacuum, more than one line of cookware etc. But these looked like something from the dollar store. 

Nice try Q, but you know this isn't the 'different' we are looking for.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I saw this and wondered what they were thinking as well.

They know we ask for more new things, and this was the best they could do?

I understand not everyone wants the same brand of something. Thus they offer more than one brand of vacuum, more than one line of cookware etc. But these looked like something from the dollar store. 

Nice try Q, but you know this isn't the 'different' we are looking for.

I agree!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I kind of feel like they are going more and more for the 'price before quality' crowd.

I wouldn't know, but I'm beginning to think that those of us who put quality above price are a dying breed.

So, maybe they are trying this on for size, as it seems to be a little cheaper than L&L.  That's not easy to do because L&L is VERY inexpensive.  

Even with so many other lines they would bring out products that were very nice quality and then, after they became popular, they lessen the quality and ride it out with the good reviews from the original ones.  This is what KA is doing. They are still riding on the success they had when Hobart was making top quality KA products for them.  Then they sold out and started replacing metal parts with plastic parts.   It will be a long time before the reputation catches up with the new, much less, quality so they're going to ride that one until it dies.