Honored Contributor

Is anyone experienced in cleaning stainless brands that suggest use of Bartender's Friend?

Basically, I'm just annoyed and venting.  I know they don't want to have the finish scratched but I wish I could use whatever is on hand, SOS, or whatever, rather than purposely getting out the Bartender's Friend cleanser just for those pans.

I admit I've used SOS pads occasionally -- with just a light touch.  So really I mean use the SOS pads without feeling guilty!!

I do like the way the pans cook.  Remembering to have the heat up enough, but not too much, before placing food in the pan, helps immensely with letting the finish remain mostly non-stick (with a nice amount of oil - I prefer olive).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning stainless cookware

@GingerPeach

I use Bartender's Friend on all of my stainless steel!

It's much less abrasive than other cleansers and even scrubbies.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @KingstonsMom

Now I won't feel so alone when I'm using it on my pans.  Thanks for being a good example.  Heart

Respected Contributor

I own a set of Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel and I clean mine with either lemon juice (in the bottle) or vinegar. My set is 15 years old and looks brand new. I know nothing about Bartender's Friend.

wrote:

Thank you, @KingstonsMom

Now I won't feel so alone when I'm using it on my pans.  Thanks for being a good example.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I also use for my SS sinks, which are really old and they look like new!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do that, too, @KingstonsMom.  I also like that Bio Cleaner stuff QVC sells.  It works well on my stainless sink (but oddly not as well as Bartender's - I mean Barkeeper's - Friend on the pans.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I bought Barkeeper's Friend for my new All Clad.

I made 2 meatloafs with sticky bbq sauce in an open baking pan. What a sugary, burned mess. You can't preheat an open roaster.

Soaked it in Dawn and then scrubbed with BF. Talk about no results!  I soaped again using an SOS pad with dish liquid, finally got it clean. Light touch and the interior looks fine.

I tossed the BF.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

When I did have SS pots & pans, I used brillo & SOS no scratch pads.  Both products still suds up blue like their steel wool counterparts!  Only thing missing are the scratches.

I use to get them on sale at my local supermarket until I discovered them at BJ's.   I got enough to last a lifetime.

My countertop convection oven & kitchen sink are SS.  No scratches using the above.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I use either Barkeepers Friend or Cameo SS cleaner...they are similar products.

I use them on my SS cookware that was purchased almost 45 years ago.  It looks almost new and has lasted longer than any other cookware that I own.

Regular Contributor

I have used plain baking soda to clean stainless pans- then I  soap up with dawn to remove any cloudy residue. I do have bartenders friend but don't like to scrub the chemicals on the inside cooking surface.