Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning pots and cleaning counter tops

I only use granite and stone cleaner with paper towels on my counter tops...never any other type of chemicals or sponges. 

The scrubbers and products I use for cleaning pots and pans are not approperiate for counter tops.

Honored Contributor

NO sponges are used in our house for cleaning dishes.  Dish cloths changed every day.  We wash all the kitchen towels and wash cloths in hot water with bleach.

For messy things like spaghetti sauce and chili, if I need to wash out a dish or pot, I'll use a paper towel to keep from staining a wash cloth.  

I use Williams-Sonoma dishwashing detergent that I get in big jugs when it is on sale.  I find it washes great, gets grease off and rinses off well.

Sinks and counter tops sprayed with anti-bac sprays often.  Use Mr. Scrappy and Comet in the garbage disposal often.  

Most things go in the dishwasher.  

Valued Contributor

I use Clorox wipes after food prep/cooking, otherwise I use granite cleaner with a microfiber cloth to clean the countertops.  Pots and pans go into the dishwasher. 

Honored Contributor

I never put my Revere Ware in the dishwasher.  It gets washed in hot soapy water.  

After using a clean dishrag to go over the counter tops, I go over them with a Lysol wipe.

I also use a Lysol wipe on my cell phone.