Honored Contributor

Cleaning pots and cleaning counter tops

Do you use different things, there are times when DH insists on wiping the counters with what I use to clean the pots. I like two different things

How do you feel

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaning pots and cleaning counter tops

we use lysol or clorox wipes for counters and table.  pots and pans usually go in dishwasher but if i do wash by hand i use a sponge and i allso use it to clean stove after i spray it with greased lightning and sponges i spray with bleach and put them in dishwasher.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you specify what you use on your pots and counters?       @I am still oxox 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox I use two different items.  My dear gentleman friends usually follows suit, but not always.  He gets points for always cleaning up when he cooks, as I do, as not everyone does.

I like always having a clean kitchen and bathroom.

I use Dobie pads for dishes and kitchen sink.  I use waffle weave dish cloths for marble counters and stainless steel restaurant work table.

In the bathrooms I use a different colored set of cloths for the sink and outside of the toilets and a different color for the tub.

For the mirrors I use glass cleaner with old newspapers.   

Honored Contributor

Differnt Campinelli sponges square for counter top and round for dishes

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I say whoever is doing the cleaning should be able to use whatever they want!  Some men never  clean anything.    My SO often does things differently than I do cleaning wise - who cares.  If he criticized me - then that would be his job permanently. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook   👍🏾

Your response deserves the.....

Best Answer.pngaward.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I use a clean dishrag for everything.

Use a fresh one after every meal cleanup.

Sometimes in-between, paper towels, or those wet wipes for cleaning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Clorox Wipes on the countertops daily plus I remove everything from all the counters weekly to wipe them down.

I wash pots & pans in a sink of hot soapy water. I use Dawn (blue one). I have never put those things in a dishwasher. I assume they will last a lot longer that way.

Have not used our dishwasher in several years now. Never buying another one. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I use Clorox wipes for all counters, tables, and stove.  For pots I use a nylon crocheted pad (like from Heloise) or those yellow sponge things (talk about a short memory, my mind went blank).  Most pans go into dishwasher after the serious gunk is removed.