Honored Contributor

Cleaning back splash behind stove

I finally figured out how to use the Self Cleaning cycle on my stove's oven. (It came out so nice.)

Now I am cleaning or attempting to clean the back splash behind the stove. And I have tried a number of cleaners. A few do nothing and some do a bit better than nothing.

I am afraid the cleaners that I know will clean up the splatter will also damage the finish. Does anyone have any tried and true cleaners?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaning back splash behind stove

[ Edited ]

I've been using Method brand all-purpose spray cleaner on everything for years.  It's natural, gentle, and really works.  Smells good too - I buy the grapefruit.

Honored Contributor

What material is your back splash?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

What material is it?    Now THAT'S a good starting point.  Ceramic - brick - stone - plastic - vinyl.  So many times - good questions posted here but so little information.

Honored Contributor

My back splash consists of a shiny tile, that we installed. I never fry anything so my back splash is unscathed. I usually just wipe if for dust but never have to scrub anything off. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Formica - when we had our kitchen remodeled, the designer said it would be easy to clean.

Honored Contributor

That area always seems to get greasy.  I clean it often with Dawn dishwashing liquid and water and use a sponge, so the water doesn't drip.

Respected Contributor

These work great. I tackled that exact job last week.

Image result for mr clean magic erasers

Esteemed Contributor

I have been very pleased with Bio Cleaner. It seems to work on evey kitchen surface and laundry room area. No fumes. Perhaps this will work for you.

Trusted Contributor

Spray white vinegar on it and wipe it off.  Might take a couple times but it should take care of it.