Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sipp wrote:

Did anyone else get an email regarding a class action suit against vitamix? I got one said to file because of "bits" of something caused by blades and to file to get a new blade assembly or $75 toward vitamix product with further actions to follow- if you don't sign - you give up any right to sue for damage.  I'm wondering about this- I bought mine within the time llimits they addressed and QVC sent me a receipt immediately (shocking!) I've been trying to get receipts from them for cooks essentials and they say I have to send THEM proof!  they say cooks essentials have lifetime warranty but they don't carry open stock so they CAN'T replace them- and you have to pay return shipping and then they only give you a few dollars back- not what you paid!!!- Anyhow- back to the Vitamixer- anyone?

This confuses me. I thought that if you don't sign, you will not receive what they are offering but that then you are free to sue on your own. That's how class-action suits work. Once you take their offer, you waive any further rights to pursue legal action.

@suzyQ3

It says if you opt-out you have the right to sue on your own but you have to send in writing a request for exclusion to the Settlement Administrator by 3-7-18.

If you do nothing you cannot sue or receive the new blade assembly or the $70 gift card to purchase Vitamix products.

Honored Contributor

Re: Class Action Vitamix?

[ Edited ]

Well mine blade assembly has 10-10 on it. It was replaced when I first bought it because it was leaking. Now I guess I have to replace it again. I don't think I have ever noticed black flakes when using it. I think I have read someone posted something like that on the forums?? Not sure.

Maybe I would be better off with the $70 gift card to purchase another container from Vitamix since you have to use the card there.

What's everyone else going to do?

It's not hard to change the blade assembly. You need that black wrench to change it.

Does the Blade replacement in the recall also come with the wrench??? Mine came with the blade they replaced when I first bought mine???

Blender Wrench Retainer Replacement for Vitamix

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sipp wrote:

Did anyone else get an email regarding a class action suit against vitamix? I got one said to file because of "bits" of something caused by blades and to file to get a new blade assembly or $75 toward vitamix product with further actions to follow- if you don't sign - you give up any right to sue for damage.  I'm wondering about this- I bought mine within the time llimits they addressed and QVC sent me a receipt immediately (shocking!) I've been trying to get receipts from them for cooks essentials and they say I have to send THEM proof!  they say cooks essentials have lifetime warranty but they don't carry open stock so they CAN'T replace them- and you have to pay return shipping and then they only give you a few dollars back- not what you paid!!!- Anyhow- back to the Vitamixer- anyone?

This confuses me. I thought that if you don't sign, you will not receive what they are offering but that then you are free to sue on your own. That's how class-action suits work. Once you take their offer, you waive any further rights to pursue legal action.

@suzyQ3

It says if you opt-out you have the right to sue on your own but you have to send in writing a request for exclusion to the Settlement Administrator by 3-7-18.

If you do nothing you cannot sue or receive the new blade assembly or the $70 gift card to purchase Vitamix products.

@Nightowlz, right.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

No Phoenixbrd- it only refers to certain dates purchased- 

Contributor

I received an email about this today.  I need to read all the details more closely, but I have more than one container and it appears from looking at the Frequently Asked Questions that they will only fix one container regardless of how many you have.  This is the second time there has been a problem with the containers.  A few years ago Vitamix voluntarily had a recall on the container blades.  Beginning to question if this was a great investment or not.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as I know I did not receive the email, unless it was in a pile of email junk that I deleted.  I sure haven't seen any flaking.  Just read up on it.  BOth sides agree the flakes are harmless.  They come from a nonstick coating but doesn't say of what?  Also if you have more than one container the rebate will only cover one of them.  This is a huge class, basically ten years.  I have seen black flecks on the outside of the container I assumed coming from the underside of the base or motor.   Nothing on the inside.  I haven't looked at mine yet but I know I bought right smack in the middle of the dates.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't get an email either but went to the website and filed a claim. My VM  is in that group. Chose to get a giftcard. Didn't read anything stating to stop using it tho. Got mine on Valentines day in 2016 from the Q. Waited many , many months to finally get the new metal blade from a recent Cuisinart recall. Wonder how long this will drag out?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shellbeach wrote:

I received an email about this today.  I need to read all the details more closely, but I have more than one container and it appears from looking at the Frequently Asked Questions that they will only fix one container regardless of how many you have.  This is the second time there has been a problem with the containers.  A few years ago Vitamix voluntarily had a recall on the container blades.  Beginning to question if this was a great investment or not.

@shellbeach @Shawnie  This is what it says in the Recall. Since it's capped at $140 they should replace 2.

Those who own a household blender may choose between (1) a $70 gift card to purchase Vitamix products (capped at $140 per household); or (2) a newly designed replacement blade assembly that does not produce flecks.

Honored Contributor

If you cannot find your email it came from 

Blender Settlement Administrator

[mailto:do-not-reply@blendersettlement.com]

with this in the subject line: Legal Notice Regarding Vitamix Class Action Settlement 

Mine was sent to an old email addy so I went to Yahoo & forwarded it to myself.

Honored Contributor

You don't need an email, just google Vitamix class action and file a claim on the website. I already filed mine before the email arrived. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval