New Contributor

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried making Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls in their Air Fryer?  I tried but it didn't work out to well for me.   If anyone has giving it a try and they came out perfect, let me know, if you would, the time n temp. you used.  Thank you

Nancy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cinnamon rolls in air fryer

keat1 - I have an air fryer and I wondered what happened to the cinnamon rolls?  Did they get hard?

Respected Contributor

@keat1

Can you please describe how your cinnamon rolls turned out?  I'd like to know.   Did they not rise, didn't brown, what went wrong?

New Contributor

they were really brown and a little raw inside (we still ate them though, just smothered them in my own cream cheese icing!!!   LOL).   I went by The Blue Jean Chefs recipe she has for her homemade cinnamon rolls, that she cooks in the airfryer.  She cooks hers at 350 for 5 min. Flips them then 4 min.   I think maybe I should do the Pillsbury ones at a lower temp. same time.  What do you guys think?  I like having the Pillsbury ones here, in case the grandkids stop in, instead of making my own.  

New Contributor

This morning I made the "Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (CINNABON)" in my Cook's Essentials Air Fryer.  The instructions on the Pillsbury package 400 F for 13-17 min.  

In the Air Fryer..  I preheated the to 300 F for 4 minutes turned over rolls and cooked for additional 4 minutes.  Let sit for a couple of minutes they came out perfect!

Hope this information is helpful.

Trusted Contributor

The canned rolls can brown (and burn) very quickly (even in a standard oven).  I would definitely go with a lower temperature (300 or 325) and watch them closely.

Yes this works!  My son was eager to try this because of an article in the Wall Street Journal, but we didn't have the specifics so we needed to experiment a little.  After reading the comments here, we tried Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls 300º for 4 minutes.  We realized that we had put too many in the Phillips Air Fryer, so we took a few out so there were 4 evenly spaced in air fryer.  We then cooked an additional two minutes.  Turned them over and cooked for 4 more minutes.  They were perfect!!  So, the trick is not to over pack them in the air fryer.

Respected Contributor

we have done them in air fryer twice and they came out really good. we put them in an 8 inch cake pan sprayed pan with pam and 4 minutes on each side on 350. good luck.

Respected Contributor

I bake mine on the divider that came with my powerxl 5.3 qt. I also bake my canned biscuits on it, they come really baked nicely.