Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in June is too early even for me.

I look at it as another retailer trying to hype people up for Christmas while reaching into their pockets.

Let's face it, most of us already have way too much Xmas decor. in fact, we probably have purged a bunch of it too.

If we put up Christmas decor for 1 month... after 12 years, that stuff has only been used equal to one year and already it's outdated and old.

Christmas is only for one day..it will arrive and it won't matter how much junkie stuff we have scatted around our homes.

I plan on keeping my money safe from retailers for the Xmas season which seems to last for six months or more.  It's such craziness.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

No offense was intended by my OP. I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I didn't have to change the channel, because I decided not to turn it on in the first place.  I like the idea of visiting winter in mid-summer, it just seems really early to me for some reason.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - No offense taken whatsoever, and hopefully no offense proffered by my post, either . . . it was not aimed at anyone in particular, but rather the comments we see in the forums every year about how "early" CIJ is presented. I hope you find some summer fun to partake in!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat   What worried me was she had real trees and the house had a wood stove.  It was so hot and dry in that little house those trees must have needed a lot of water.  I always hoped she watered well and one of her many extension cords didn't short out. 

Trusted Contributor

My thought, as David said for the umpteenth time, is that they don't charge your card until they ship in November or December. Well, to me, part of shopping early is also to have things paid for so the expenses don't all hit at once.

I didn't buy anything, but if I had, I would have liked an option to pay now. I know that I could have ordered some things on immediate shipment, but then I would have had to store the food for 6 months. 

I am not going to buy anything that I know of, and really hate the loss of the few programs I still watch to make room for cheap trinkets left over from last year, but it is what it is. I haven't gone back to Hallmark since all they show is Christmas movies all year. As one who does not celebrate that holiday, it gets frustrating. Enjoy your viewing to those who watch.

Trusted Contributor

Special things are not special when they are around all the time.  Special meals are not special anymore when made more frequently.  This Christmas stuff has gotten to be almost year-round.