Super Contributor

Christmas dinner party - need hor duerves ideas!

Need some ideas .  I am serving bruchetta, and cheese ball.

Something easy and hot?  Looks impressive?  

Want to add another appeteizer

Super Contributor

Re: Christmas dinner party - need hor duerves ideas!

FYI...............hors d'oeuvres

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick Perhaps an extremely handsome bartender?  Oh sorry.  I couldn't resist.  Giggles.

What about some beef medallions (to me, a non meat eater they looked like tiny beef chunks in a wonderful au jus)?  Hosted a legislative reception once and the caterer served these....RAVE reviews.  Also mini kabobs seem to be a big hit too.  Hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

A fun grab and go is to put a cherry tomato, a mini mozzarella cheese ball and a piece of Basil on a decorative toothpick, and drizzle with a little olive oil and some balsamic vinegar on a platter. It's a nice refreshing bite. They are always the first to go when I bring them to a gathering.

Super Contributor

I served them last year!  They were very good.

Want to try something new this year

Trusted Contributor

Cocktail meatballs are always a hit.....the sauce sounds weird, but it's really good....you can buy frozen meatballs to save time....put meatballs, a jar of cocktail sauce and a small jar of grape jelly in the crockpot...cook on low for a few hours....serve with toothpicks for guests to help themselves...you can always double the recipe according to how many guests you're expecting.

Esteemed Contributor

My go to for many years:  Mix one part grape jelly with one part yellow mustard; mix well, add meat balls and heat in small crock pot.  Serve with toothpicks.  A variation s to serve this over egg noodles as a main dish.

Honored Contributor

Cocktail wieners are also very good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cut up kielbasa into bite-size pieces.  Mix equal parts grape jelly and mustard (yes, grape jelly and mustard) and heat up.  Serve all in a chaffing dish hot with toothpicks near by.

Multi-generational crowd pleaser.

(just realized this is a variation of what @patbz already posted).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

My go to for many years:  Mix one part grape jelly with one part yellow mustard; mix well, add meat balls and heat in small crock pot.  Serve with toothpicks.  A variation s to serve this over egg noodles as a main dish.

this is a great idea, however, if you can, i would try to avoid frozen meatballs.  i can taste one a mile away.  blech. 

you CAN do homeade meatballs, and freeze them.  a world of difference. promise.