Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas With Southern Living 2020 A Real Dud!

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   so sorry to hear that!!  I used to buy them much more, now, I usually pass. I borrow them from the library now.  If a few things are GREAT, I will copy them.  Our library has a twice a year book sale.  I try to pick these up there.  IF we get the fall sale this year, I bet there will be many. People are getting rid of stuff.  

Last year my dad got me a bag of Christmas cookbooks on the last day for $5 for a whole bag.  Loved that bag.  All proceeds benefit the library.  We missed the Spring sale, hoping we get to have the October sale!

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 Yes!  Those sales are dangerous for me!  LOL!!! I don't think we will have them either!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Sooner   I would be disappointed as well....probably an editorial decision to not mention Christmas...probably a 'no no'...sigh.

@Mom2Dogs Ok.  BUT why call it "Christmas?"  And talk about wonderful fuzzy Christmas in the introduction?  Why not just say it's a Winter or Holiday book?  That's REALLY tacky! 

@Sooner  I don't think they have been as good for quite awhile now. The thing I miss is that extra magazine they did for Christmas called "Home for the Holidays".  It usually came out around October. Those were fantastic. I kept mine. They stopped that when it changed owners.