Contributor

Re: Christmas Lock n Lock disappointment

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I had an issue with the cereal containers, they wouldn't open with the tab on the round pouring hole.  Of course I was way past my 30 days, so I just use these for storage and take off the entire top.  Does anyone know of a comparable line that still might be the quality I used to get from L&L?

@depglass   I gave up on L&L also, quality just not there anymore. Have purchased quite a few pieces made by HEFTY lately, such a better quality, though can be a bit pricey. Another brand, Rubbermaid Brilliance containers, I also love. They are clear see-through, and nice sizes. You may want to try them. I get both from Amazon, but Walmart sells them too.

Respected Contributor

I've been very skeptical on ordering L & L for awhile, for this reason, especially the larger more expensive pieces. I have not had a tab break, but you can tell they are not the best quality anymore. Several of my tabs are white at the bending seams, looking like they could break any time. I don't like the hassle of returning anything too large. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve had one L&L piece break, and that was when I took a container out of the freezer and dropped it on the floor.

However, most of my containers were bought between 2002 and 2007.

So I’m sure the quality has changed since then.

Honored Contributor

We see a lot of Lock n Lock or similar at Goodwill. We do not care for them. I have trouble closing (snapping) them. Even DH has the same problem.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

Why is it when merchandise first is available it is great quality? Then after a few years it turns into junk?  You would think these companies would want to keep their quality high. I think most of the stuff on QVC and HSN in the kitchen department is just inferior.  I am sure none of it is made in the USA.  I guess we are all getting duped, myself included.  Ha!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Lock n Lock is a cheap, inferior product. I bought a set of snapware from Costco last year. Never had a problem with them.

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

Lock n Lock is a cheap, inferior product. I bought a set of snapware from Costco last year. Never had a problem with them.

Do they make Cristmas themed gift bags and matching containers for gifting?

Valued Contributor

I have recently been slowly replacing my Lock & Lock containers with Progressive Prokeepers... A lot more expensive, but they're nice containers...only thing is they cannot be used in the freezer or micowave... so I'm just purchasing canisters, cereal keepers, deli, and spice containers at this time...

I decided to do this as things were starting to get stale due to increased humidity during last summer's heat... I absolutely HATE to throw food away before it's time..

So I've been donating my Lock & Locks and will not buy anymore..

Esteemed Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@manhattan1950 - I have had the opposite experience—I was very happy to get rid of all my Snapware with its tabs that break off if you look at them wrong and upgrade to Lock & Lock containers, which have been wonderful.

Honored Contributor

i am still a lock and lock fan.

great customer service also! recently broke a tab on a top. called their customer service. they sent out a brand new top within less than three weeks. just needed to give them the number on the bottom of the bowl and the color. no charge, no need to send back the broken one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein