Trusted Contributor

maybe you all don't have a problemW/chopping fresh herbs,but sometimes it's tricky.

today I found a easy solution. Put herbs on a cutting board and run the pizza cutter over them. Chopped,not crushed in no time. Hope this helps you out!

Respected Contributor

That's a good idea. I've also seen those scissors with multiple blades but I'm not sure how well they work.

Respected Contributor

Good idea. I've also used a dough blender.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bunch them up and use scissors.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I love this tip!  Thank you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

That's a good idea. I've also seen those scissors with multiple blades but I'm not sure how well they work.

@Another new name Sue - I love my multi-blade scissors for herbs, scallions, and such, but there are definitely brands that work better than others; be sure to read the reviews online before buying. My recommendation is the Norpro brand, if you're in the market...

Super Contributor

@Epicurean  I love this tip. I always struggle with herbs. Long ago I saw an item that stripped the stems from herbs and just left the leaves. I would love to find something like this as I have a hard time with parsley.

Respected Contributor

I bought a cheap pair of household scissors.  I use them on my herbs (no need to buy the herb scissors unless you just want to do so).  Snip, snip, snip...done!  Then I put the scissors (blades open) in the dishwasher.  Easy, peasy...