Respected Contributor

Re: Chopped salad - is there a kitchen gadget?

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs

I agree chopped salads taste better, and the reason I think they are popular is that each bite can contain many different ingredients---chopped hard-cooked egg, bacon pieces, cucumber, celery/onion, peppers, plus whatever type of  lettuce or other ingredients are involved--all in one manageable bite.

I used my Chop and Toss tool already this morning to cut up boiled eggs in a bowl for egg salad that we plan to make into sandwiches later today.  This is easier than cutting up each egg individually, wihch was my old way of doing it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this thread and all the contributions to it!   I didn't know all these gadgets existed.   I'm not that great with a knife, so I need to look into these options.   Thanks, again.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Tigriss! thanks, thatis the one I was talking about!

Respected Contributor

I saw one on HSN it looklike abowl with grooves that you place the knife in each groove. And when you are finished the lettuce is chopped, and it was only about$ 5.00

Honored Contributor

Love that picture ! Makes even me want to eat a salad. LOL

Valued Contributor

As anyone ever tried using their food processor to make chopped salad?  I am going to give it a try using the chop blade on pulse.  

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

I'd call it a retro salad!  LOL!!!  Looks like salads I remember from the 1960's!  I remember them as crispy lettuce and finely chopped and with French Dressing!  I haven't had that in many many years!  

Mother always got blue cheese dressing or Roquefort.  And then there was Thousand Island!  

Esteemed Contributor

I use that chopper @novamc1 mentioned, purchased years ago on QVC.  When adding meats or roasted peppers, I'll use "pizza scissors" which I got years ago on amazonsmile.  (It's also good for slicing pizza, too.Woman LOL)

Trusted Contributor

@flbettyboop wrote:

What salads do you like from Subway?

Any sub can be made into a salad Smiley Happy I love the club salad, Boop your being paged in the Among Friends forum.......

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Best Chopped Salad I ever had was at the Columbia Restaurant in Clearwater Beach, FL

and the salad dressing is to die for!!!!  one of my fav restaurants to take company.  In fact, last week we went to the one in Ybor City.

A nice time to go is when it's Christmas -- beautifully decorated 

Is that their 1905 salad?