Contributor
They tell you To cook to a temperature of 165°. They don’t give you a time. Does anybody know how long you should cook them?
Honored Contributor

@Mpdal1 wrote:
They tell you To cook to a temperature of 165°. They don’t give you a time. Does anybody know how long you should cook them?

@Mpdal1 Until it temps at 165 degrees.  You can't give a time because all will cook differently.  An instant read thermometer in what you need.  

I'm not being glib, but you really have to go by temperature which depends on the product you are cooking, and the method of cooking, and the heat being produced.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mpdal1 wrote:

@Mpdal1 Until it temps at 165 degrees.  You can't give a time because all will cook differently.  An instant read thermometer in what you need.  

I'm not being glib, but you really have to go by temperature which depends on the product you are cooking, and the method of cooking, and the heat being produced.  

@Mpdal1  I bought an instant read when I started eating turkey burgers and I highly recommend one to be safe.  They are inexpensive and worth it.   @Sooner 

Respected Contributor

Re: Chicken pub burgers

[ Edited ]

@Mpdal1 

You are not giving up a lot of information to make an informed decision

Whose burgers

How thick are they

Are they ground Chicken

How are you cooking them

and one more whose "they" ?

granted you want to get it close if not even right on, poking holes only let's the juices out and you'll have a 165 deg dry chicken burger

Respected Contributor

Any time, if given, would only be approximate anyway, since method of cooking wouldn't be the same for everyone. 

Some may grill, some may use  a cast iron pan, some an air fryer, or other methods.

You can pretty much tell when they're about to be done, but you always need to have a thermometer handy to test your meat items for safety. Always for chicken, for sure.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Mpdal1 wrote:

@Mpdal1  I bought an instant read when I started eating turkey burgers and I highly recommend one to be safe.  They are inexpensive and worth it.   @Sooner 

@mspatmac By far the best ones I have and have had for a long long time I ordered from Thermoworks--they specilize in thermometers!  

I think they are called Pop ones--come in colors and are SO easy to use and accurate.  My husband uses the expensive MK4 or something like that that they sell and Cooks Illustrated likes.  I grab the Pop.  And I give them for Christmas gifts when they are on sale!  Just FYI. . . 

Contributor
I have the fusion chicken pub burgers and I thaw in fridge overnight preheat oven they say 185 I use 175 20-24 minutes flip over once cook at 165 internally I just read that from instructions I received with them. They are very good!