Super Contributor

Cheryl’s sugar free cookies

I hope the consumers that purchased these sugar free cookies are near a bathroom when they eat one. Every sugar free cookie contains maltitol which is a sugar alcohol. Consumption of maltitol is associated with a variety of digestive disturbances. Severe gas pain and diarrhea.

Promoting these cookies as a good alternative for people who must watch their sugar intake (I guess they are not supposed to target diabetics) does them a great disservice.

These cookies are also made with wheat flour. All carbohydrates turn into sugar/glucose once they enter the body. For a diabetic or anyone with insulin resistance these cookies are no better than eating a regular cookie.

When you eat sugar, carbs, or excessive protein it stimulates your body to release insulin. Insulin is known as the fat storage hormone. When there is too much insulin in your system you cannot lose weight. Insulin also causes you to be hungry.

Please don't be fooled by products labeled "sugar-free".

Respected Contributor

Re: Cheryl’s sugar free cookies

malitol, for me is just one of the things that you need to not overeat. if a serving is one or 2, don't eat 6. that's where i would run into trouble.

Honored Contributor

Sugar free York mints candies will have you running to the throne.

If I need to lose few pds. I"ll gobble them.

hysterical.gif

Esteemed Contributor

The same thing holds true with Junior’s sugar free small cheesecakes..... be close to a bathroom & have some Poo Porie (sp) in your purse .... the cheesecakes “run” right through you 🙃😳

Honored Contributor

Lesson to be learned I'd guess is sugar free is not for eating away from home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE : Thanks for the info. Searching for  a “new diet” this sounds great because of the mint and other  ingredients. Need to search where to order a few cases or more and stock the freezer. Southern Bee 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought the Cheryl's sugar free cookies quite awhile ago and I agree, they aren't worth eating.  They didn't agree with me either and as a result didn't buy them again, lesson learned.  I am diabetic and do buy sugar free foods at times.  However, I have come to the conclusion it is better to just have the real thing in moderation rather than have sugar free products. My sugar levels have been good so it works for me but I do not often indulge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

maltitol is another sugar....check out the list for names of "sugars", there are at least 61.

refined sugar = toxic  

if I want a sub for sweetness, I use fresh fruit

Remember Sugar Busters from 1998?  Since then a whole slew of books on the dangers of sugar.   

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

The same thing holds true with Junior’s sugar free small cheesecakes..... be close to a bathroom & have some Poo Porie (sp) in your purse .... the cheesecakes “run” right through you 🙃

A while back one time when these were presented the host ate some and raved that they were so good.  A bit later the host had to leave the show "not feeling well" so we know what that was.    I cannot eat any "sugar free" items with the sugar substitutes.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I bought the Cheryl's sugar free cookies quite awhile ago and I agree, they aren't worth eating.  They didn't agree with me either and as a result didn't buy them again, lesson learned.  I am diabetic and do buy sugar free foods at times.  However, I have come to the conclusion it is better to just have the real thing in moderation rather than have sugar free products. My sugar levels have been good so it works for me but I do not often indulge.

@spiderw wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

I do the same.  Cannot tolerate the sugar free items.