Contributor

Re: Cheryl's Cookies - Yea or Nay?

I agree that Cheryl's Cookies are sweet but they are cookies. Anyway, I liked them because QVC sent a free box for Xmas & Easter. 

I agree that the iced cookies are better, but honestly can't beat free! 

Honored Contributor

I like them 🍪🍪

Respected Contributor

I bought them and had on auto delivery for awhile.   I liked they were individually wrapped.  I kept in freezer and would take some when I went to visit my brother in nursing home.  He loved them.  I also had on hand for when grandkids needed a treat.  

They are sweet but coffee or milk and just right.  I enjoyed them.  Now the stuffed pretzels to me are way too sweet.  Not giving those again.

I cut way down on my purchases from the Q.  Lots of stuff in food categories on auto delivery.  Either cancelled or skipped shipment and when done not reordered.  Prices getting too high.  Just don't need and can find substitutes locally.  

Respected Contributor

A big yea from me. I've been getting these for years and they've gotten smaller by the year but I still treat myself once in a while. They're very sweet, I only like the buttercream frosted ones. They do get a bit carried away with the decorating, I prefer the plain frosted ones without the additions. I put them in the freezer, nice that they're individually wrapped. I try to eat half with my afternoon tea, then wait a couple days and eat the other half. We have a cookie baker in town who makes beautiful iced cookies but they just cannot compare with Cheryl's. I've never bought a store bought cookie that was anywhere near these. I think it would be a wonderful gift, the way I got started with them probably 30 years ago.

Respected Contributor

BIG NAY! Texture is not that great and way too sweet. I can get better cookies at a grocery store.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I think they're too sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of my family members, friends, and co-workers really like them, so they typically do make a nice gift and are well received. Overall, I think they're good but not amazing. However, the Smores cookies have been a big hit with everyone who has tried them, and the Salted Caramel Frosted Chocolate cookies are my personal favorite—I've got a dozen in my freezer so I can treat myself from time to time, especially since that variety isn't always available. (And I generally don't like chocolate cookies!)

There are also some tasty fall/seasonal options, such as the Frosted Cinnamon Pumpkin and Caramel Apple (non-frosted), if you send something later in the year.

Esteemed Contributor

Nay, better at Safeway.

Honored Contributor

NO!!  Not a single person in my family liked those hard nastyl things.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

My granddaughters said that the cookie part is really good, but the frosting is too sweet....My husband and I thought they were pretty good.......