Trusted Contributor

Cheryl's Cookies - Yea or Nay?

I was thinking of sending Cheryl's cookies to a relative that lives out of state.  When I mentioned that to a couple of friends they both said the cookies are "too sweet".  

I've never tasted any of Cheryl's cookies  - have you?  If you have, did you like them?

Thank you!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cheryl's Cookies - Yea or Nay?

@BunSnoop  I order their frosted Christmas cookies & sometimes for Easter also, I think they are a nice treat but sometimes the frosting can be almost too sweet.  

Honored Contributor

I love cookies but to me Cheryl's taste like lightly baked dough.  They even have a dough-like texture and are very sweet.  Many people, especially children, seem to love them.  They do make a pretty, colorful gift.  It just depends on how picky your recipient might be.  

The fact they are individually wrapped and can be stuck in the freezer is a big plus.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Nay. We bought them a few years ago and they taste like regular store bought cookies. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've received them as a gift several times and yes, while they are a bit sweet they are always very fresh and individually wrapped.

I love their brownies and it beats baking a whole pan when you are just craving a nosh with coffee or tea.

I tried David's cookies recently and they seem less sweet but their texture is more dry like a shortbread.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had them.They're too sweet & sometimes they taste like undercooked dough. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop  We had them at work. They are too sweet for my taste, but everyone seemed to like them. I did like the oatmeal cookies.

Honored Contributor

No complaints from my grandson. I send them Valentines Day, Easter, last day of school, Halloween and Just because days. He likes the iced cookies.🥰

Honored Contributor

I had them once too and thought they were too sweet as well and the cookie is a thick cakey thing.

I wouldn't buy them again and have had much better even store bought cookies.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

used to be Yea now nay .  Way too sweet ,  love cookies ,  but these cookies somehow are even sweeter then years ago .