Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cheryl's Cookies - Opinion Please

They don't taste like homemade, but kids like any kind of cookie. I bought the ornaments filled with cookies in the past, and my grandchildren liked them. But, let's face it, nothing tastes like homemade. 

Valued Contributor

I have never tried Cheryl's cookies, and with the reviews, I never will. I loved David's Cookies at HSN, but they no longer sell them. There is a website but I liked the bargains on HSN more than the higher website prices. TJ Maxx sells them at Christmas so I'll wait until then. Baking is fun but I am no huge fan of DIY baking anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Fathers Day purchased Cheryl's cookies bill to ship. Dad enjoyed the cookies and his friends did too. Personally never tried the cookies. The presentation specially designed for Father's day adorable. My Dad isn't the type to say something is good when it's not. By the way free shipping. Plan ordering him more and gifting to family and friends live far away.

Hi @Sweet_Serenity...hope you are doing well. Like yourself I used to buy my dad the cookies. He loved them as he had a real sweet tooth. He lived into his nineties and was active like your dad. Heart

Just a note.....the Cookie Cards for the little ones are adorable. My grandson gets very excited when he receives them. I send them throughout the year as a little treat. I know you have two beautiful grands as well.

Trusted Contributor

Received as a gift. Not special, especially for the price. Grocery store has lots of cookies just as good. Local bakeries have lots of cookies just like them. Mostly too sweet for my taste. Just my opinion--I know lots of people see them as a real treat.

Esteemed Contributor

I've received them as gifts, and thought they were awful.  Overly sweet and stale-tasting. Regular grocery store cookies are far better.

Yes, they're individually wrapped, but several of the cookies had crumbled badly.  That happened in two different shipments.

And their CS is terrible.  They neglected to enclose a gift card once, and acted as though I was the problem when I called to find out who had sent them.  Long story, but it took 45 minutes for them to figure it out, and then it turned out they had gotten the names wrong anyway.

I would never order from them, and I would never recommend them.  There are far better options available.

Honored Contributor

I think Cheryl's cookies are bland, sometimes dry, and immediately forgetful.  However, I love the different brownies and slices of pound cake in some of the sets.  Those are fantastic, especially the brownies! I will never buy on QVC again because I'm done with  the cookies.  So I go to Cheryl's website just for the brownies and bars.

Honored Contributor

I can buy the same ones at our local bakery for alot less---they taste the same and look the same--but I'm not a fan so wouldn't buy either way.