Regular Contributor

Re: Charcuterie boards - gift idea

@LdyBugz wrote:

I was cruising on Amazon and I happened to see a Charcuterie board that was a lightening deal.  That lead me down the path of Christmas gift ideas for a couple of people that are hard to buy for.  Long story short, I ordered a set of bamboo cutting boards that come in three sizes, and, some appetizer forks, spoons and tongs.  The best thing though is a great idea book, "Beautiful Boards" for $17.  It has 50 ideas for cheese boards, s'mores boards, taco boards, pancake boards and more.  Looked like a fun gift, especially for the people I have in mind as they like to have friends over for nibbles.  Just need to find some small appetizer plates now so I think I'll try Home Goods!  

Love this idea, sounds like a wonderful gift! 

Esteemed Contributor

Great gift idea. Don't forget a gift card for a great place to get the items to put on the board or a bottle of wine. Instant party. 

Honored Contributor

I seem to have a thing for charcuterie boards. I've purchased several of them from a local artisan who make them.  They are gorgeous and no two are alike. I love the organic shape and how the beauty of each board comes to life as she applies her oils and the markings and shading are revealed.  I use them as true charcuterie boards but also in tabletop decor.    

Trusted Contributor

@godi  Great idea, thx!  😀

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I agree that the boards can be quite beautiful with the wood grain patterns.  Some of the best gifts we get are from Mother Nature!