Honored Contributor

The coffee I've had everyday started to not taste quite right. Went to good old Maxwell House and it's great. Don't know what was going on there, but I'm happy with this now. 

Have you switched over any brands that you have used for ages? 

Honored Contributor

We rotate with about 4 brands so we won't get tired with just one.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

There was a time that my coffeemaker was my alarm clock.  I would set it at night and the smell of fresh coffee would wake me in the morning.  One day I noticed my coffee didn't smell like coffee.  Then I noticed my coffee wasn't tasting like coffee.

I used filtered water, I changed beans, I bought a new coffeemaker.  I tried different brands.  I finally realized that I wasn't going to find an excellent cup of coffee.

So I switched to tea.  It's been years and I'm still enjoying the variety.

I'm glad you found a coffee you like, but if you wake up one morning and it just doesn't smell or taste right, maybe it's time to switch to tea.

I'm having a mug of Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.  I grew up on coffee and I thought I'd miss it but I don't.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Maxwell House has aways been my brand!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I like Maxwell House as well.  Right now I have been drinking Folger's French Roast which I also really like.  When I had a Keurig I ony drank Emeril's Big and Bold which was wonderful.  I decided not to replace it as it only lasted about a year and a half and the k-cups at that time were just getting too expensive.

Honored Contributor

I only buy whole beans and grind them myself in small batches.    I usually buy Starbucks.   We have different little incentives offered by my employer and the "prize" is usually a Starbucks gift card.    But the last coffee I purchased was Eight O'Clock coffee, whole beans, at the grocery store.    It's very good.   I use bottle water.   It's just me, I have a small Mr. Coffee.

@qualitygal wrote:

The coffee I've had everyday started to not taste quite right. Went to good old Maxwell House and it's great. Don't know what was going on there, but I'm happy with this now. 

Have you switched over any brands that you have used for ages? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changed my coffee brand

[ Edited ]

Yes...the coffee industry, like the olive oil industry...

It just costs too much to import, or I would be drinking Greenwell Kona every day!

The one store I used to visit took away their coffee grinder. Their coffee was, not Kona, but decent.

Now I just get Wegman's store brand.

@just bee, nothing like Harney & Sons teas; those are my favorite!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

It just costs too much to import, or I would be drinking Greenwell Kona every day!

The one store I used to visit took away their coffee grinder. Their coffee was, not Kona, but decent.

@Harpa

Can a tea make you look forward to waking up?  I keep thinking I should buy my tea from a local company, but now I have favorites I can't give up.  Like Paris!  Still not tired of that one.  Fragrance is important and tea just started smelling better than coffee.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Harpa

Can a tea make you look forward to waking up?  I keep thinking I should buy my tea from a local company, but now I have favorites I can't give up.  Like Paris!  Still not tired of that one.  Fragrance is important and tea just started smelling better than coffee.

Ah, Paris! Gotta have that one on hand!!

(Sorry, QualityGal, for the highjack!)

@just beeHave you tried Capri, Florence, Boston? (I could go on.)

I love that you can order samples. Every time I order from Harney, I order something new. But these are old favorites!

I save my 1 cup of black tea for after lunch. It's like a dessert all in itself!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Harpa

Ah, Paris! Gotta have that one on hand!!

(Sorry, QualityGal, for the highjack!)

@just beeHave you tried Capri, Florence, Boston? (I could go on.)

I love that you can order samples. Every time I order from Harney, I order something new. But these are old favorites!

I save my 1 cup of black tea for after lunch. It's like a dessert all in itself!

@Harpa

How funny!  I've tried Boston and have had my eye on CapriFlorence is chocolate, so it's not a priority.  I'm trying to drink more green tea and Bangkok has become another favorite.  Vanilla, lemongrass, coconut and ginger.  Tropical Green, with pineapple, is good, too.

Is there a tea thread out there? Woman LOL