Respected Contributor

Starbucks dark roasts and Seattle's Best #5 (Seattle's Best is a Starbucks brand, I believe). No changes for many years, and I'd hate to have to find another dark roast I like as well as their French.

If the taste of a coffee changes and you've ruled out your coffee maker, water, etc., consider that coffee is a crop, and the flavor of the beans is affected by growing conditions, handling, roasting methods, etc. If you really liked a brand or a particular bean and it went "off," try it again in 6 months or a year. It might taste like the old coffee you love again.

Honored Contributor

We grew up with Maxwell House.  (My grandfather worked for the company for years over in Hoboken!)  

I buy Chock Full O'Nuts or Maxwell House now.  I do like Gevalia coffees - and will occaionally order something flavored.

I drink a lot of coffee, but I'm not a connisseur ... as long as it's not too strong or bitter, it's okay with me.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to buy Maxwell House Drip & then Folgers. Don't care for any of the Starbucks labels but Panera is decent.

Drank Dunkin Donuts then switched to Tim Horton's. For bagged coffee currently drinking McDonald's McCafe.

I've tried Cops & Donuts, yes, they are for real in Clare MI. They do sell bagged coffee and it's a milder breakfast blend.

@qualitygal I'd like to try Ferris coffees but I don't get down there often.

Respected Contributor

i buy price rite brand for 4.99 for 35 once can  and we love it.

Honored Contributor

We aren't fussy so I buy whatever is on sale, but I prefer Maxwell House.  For fast food coffee, McDonald's is my favorite.

Frequent Contributor

We are Folger's Gourmet Supreme Lovers.  I bought a coffee grinder.....tried the beans.....DH and I......went back to our old fave....Folgers.

One thing I changed......we use the bottled water for the coffee......ice cold from the fridge.  What a difference.......smiling.  We like the coffee much better.....and we loved it before. 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa

For some reason @Just_bee doesn't come up. Cat Sad

Health Benefits of Herbal Teas - herbal remedies, tea, herbs:

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Yes...the coffee industry, like the olive oil industry...

It just costs too much to import, or I would be drinking Greenwell Kona every day!

The one store I used to visit took away their coffee grinder. Their coffee was, not Kona, but decent.

Now I just get Wegman's store brand.

@just bee, nothing like Harney & Sons teas; those are my favorite!

@Harpa

Can a tea make you look forward to waking up?  I keep thinking I should buy my tea from a local company, but now I have favorites I can't give up.  Like Paris!  Still not tired of that one.  Fragrance is important and tea just started smelling better than coffee.

Ah, Paris! Gotta have that one on hand!!

(Sorry, QualityGal, for the highjack!)

@just beeHave you tried Capri, Florence, Boston? (I could go on.)

I love that you can order samples. Every time I order from Harney, I order something new. But these are old favorites!

I save my 1 cup of black tea for after lunch. It's like a dessert all in itself!

@Harpa

How funny!  I've tried Boston and have had my eye on CapriFlorence is chocolate, so it's not a priority.  I'm trying to drink more green tea and Bangkok has become another favorite.  Vanilla, lemongrass, coconut and ginger.  Tropical Green, with pineapple, is good, too.

Is there a tea thread out there? Woman LOL

The best teas I have ever had are the Mariage Freres ones.  They are absolutely wonderful.  Just pick a flavor you like!  You can get them from Market Hall Foods (California I believe?), Dean and DeLuca or Cultured Cup in Dallas.  They teas and even their flavored teas are THE best.  EXPENSIVE.  But wonderful.

Upton tea also has oodles of tea and very inexpensive samples.  Their site really gives you a lot of information about tea.  Have you ever tried Milky Oolong?  They are so different, almost like a popcorn flavor.   Oh and Elmwood Tea and TeaLuxe tea.  ALL are great sources!

Trusted Contributor

I rotate between Trader Joe's dark house blend and Starbucks Verona. I get them ground at the store and make wonderful coffee every morning. Gets me out of bed no matter how I'm feeling!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Changed my coffee brand

[ Edited ]

I love the Veranda beans from Starbucks. I use the Ninja coffee bar and it's the best I have ever had. Have a blessed day, Everyone!

I also love all kinds of tea. Thanks,