Honored Contributor

Re: Cesar stone or granite countertops ?

A few months ago we went from the old, traditional whitish laminate w/almond colored flecks in it, that was installed when we built the house, to a darker quartz from Lowe's.  The color is named Ellenburg.  We love it!    

Esteemed Contributor

Tansy - chk'd downstairs and d/n have the cutting board piece - must have given it away.  I'll check my paperwork to see if they wrote down the name and get back to you.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Tansy - chk'd downstairs and d/n have the cutting board piece - must have given it away.  I'll check my paperwork to see if they wrote down the name and get back to you.

@tansy

Can't believe it -- I can tell you all about the insulation added upstairs, et al, but the one thing I cannot find is the silestone invoice.  Went to Silestone.com and Sierra Madre in the Mountain Series comes pretty close to mine.  And, you can pull up a kitchen and put that color into it to get and idea.  (However, Sierra Madre came up larger "print" and lighter on this device.)  I suggest you try it out - they now have tons of colors!  Also, IMO w/n purchase from the "building supply" stores; I'd go to a stone specialty place - do to quality.  I was once explained to me that a faucet from HD can be cheaper than a similar one from the plumbing store 'cause the former uses plastic inside, while the latter, copper.  Anyways, good luck on your remodel!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme -- Thanks for checking.  I went to a quartz showroom again today but nothing seems quite right.  Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy

When you see the right one - it'll hit you.  Let it go for awhile.  It's like perfume - when you smell too many, you can't pick one out!

Honored Contributor

I have quartz.  Love it.  I can put hot things on it without worry.  No sealing needed.  And it cleans so nicely.

I got a Cambria design called Bradford.  It's dark with bluish, brownish, and yellowish speckles.  My kitchen is blue and yellow. http://cambriausa.com/en/designs/design-palette/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I have quartz.  Love it.  I can put hot things on it without worry.  No sealing needed.  And it cleans so nicely.

I got a Cambria design called Bradford.  It's dark with bluish, brownish, and yellowish speckles.  My kitchen is blue and yellow. http://cambriausa.com/en/designs/design-palette/

Those are very pretty kitchen colors...

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I really want quartz but I'm not finding one I really like for my space.  I don't want a white surface.

Look at a brand called Cambria. Made in USA. A nice selection.