Valued Contributor

Re: Cast Iron set from this morning?

My blue set just shipped so I will let people know if it is a good purchase after using it if there is any interest. QVC keeps putting out various lighter cast iron pieces and not bringing them back. I am curious if they are just testing the waters with this too. 

Frequent Contributor

I was very interested in this set, as well.  I have the enameled cast iron from Evine....and I am very pleased with my pieces. 

I will look forward to your review of this set.......smaller sizes.....but oh, so cute...LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ilovetea, did you get your blue set yet?  So far the reviews seem positive.   I decided to go ahead and order the light blue set this morning, even if I decide I don't want all the pieces I can keep what I want and donate the others to Goodwill far less expensively than buying even one piece of Le Creuset.  I hope the color comes close to matching the LC Caribbean pieces I have, or at least doesn't clash.  I also hope the country-of-origin in listed in packaging info, if it's from China it goes right back!  A friend of mine lost a young dog to melamine-induced kidney failure after she gave him a treat made in China, so I don't buy or use cookware or tableware made there, on principle as well as to avoid any toxic contaminants getting into my food.  (I was heartbroken when my Pfaltzgraf pattern started being made in China, if I ever wind up needing new tableware, I'll have to start a new pattern from another company and give away what's left of my old Pfaltzgraf set.)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

Ilovetea, did you get your blue set yet?  So far the reviews seem positive.   I decided to go ahead and order the light blue set this morning, even if I decide I don't want all the pieces I can keep what I want and donate the others to Goodwill far less expensively than buying even one piece of Le Creuset.  I hope the color comes close to matching the LC Caribbean pieces I have, or at least doesn't clash.  I also hope the country-of-origin in listed in packaging info, if it's from China it goes right back!  A friend of mine lost a young dog to melamine-induced kidney failure after she gave him a treat made in China, so I don't buy or use cookware or tableware made there, on principle as well as to avoid any toxic contaminants getting into my food.  (I was heartbroken when my Pfaltzgraf pattern started being made in China, if I ever wind up needing new tableware, I'll have to start a new pattern from another company and give away what's left of my old Pfaltzgraf set.)

Mine is out for delivery today so I can't speak as to what documentation says myself. I read through some Q&As and one answer said it was made in China. If you can still cancel you might want to do it now.

i mainly wanted the 2 qt braiser and the skillet. The lid for the skillet is the same one for the Dutch oven and I want to try the 1 qt BBraiser so may be keeping it all. If broken, it is going back. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Ilovetea, I had not spotted the country of origin mentioned in the Q&A, so I placed an order yesterday, but was able to cancel this morning.  I hope you like your blue set when it arrives, that's the color that sold out first.

Valued Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Thank you, Ilovetea, I had not spotted the country of origin mentioned in the Q&A, so I placed an order yesterday, but was able to cancel this morning.  I hope you like your blue set when it arrives, that's the color that sold out first.

The blue seemed to match my LC Marseilles pieces better than the green matched my Rosemary pieces so went with that color. As you said before, the reviews have been good so will check it out when it gets here. If I see anything in the documentation different from what was in the Q&A I will let you know. 

Honored Contributor

Wasn't this a brand new item?   I wonder how people can be posting well thought out reviews already.     It sounds like they just took it out of the box and said 'ooh, it's purdy...must be great'.  I wish people would use products for a while before putting up premature reviews.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Only one of the reviews mentioned using any of the pieces, so you are right on that. 

Honored Contributor

Ilovetea wrote:

Only one of the reviews mentioned using any of the pieces, so you are right on that. 

Hi!  I hope you don't think I'm trying to be a negative Nellie or anything.  Smiley Happy   

It's just a sore spot for me when people leave reviews that are inappropriate to an item that needs to actually be used some before reviewing them.

How many times have we seen reviews made and then the people realized the product was not as great as they looked like they would be?  I've even seen people here say they wish they could go back and revise a review because the item ended up being poor quality.  Yet, they went in right away and left a glowing review.

Anyhoo, all I wish is that this is a good item and the people who purchased it really love it.  I almost wonder if they were maybe made by the LC company since they look more like LC than any other Chinese import of this type of product.  If so, that's a step in the right direction because LC is such a good company.   

When a good company makes products in SE Asia, they tend to pay more attention to quality, so as to not tarnish their name.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

Hi!  I hope you don't think I'm trying to be a negative Nellie or anything.  Smiley Happy   

It's just a sore spot for me when people leave reviews that are inappropriate to an item that needs to actually be used some before reviewing them.

How many times have we seen reviews made and then the people realized the product was not as great as they looked like they would be?  I've even seen people here say they wish they could go back and revise a review because the item ended up being poor quality.  Yet, they went in right away and left a glowing review.

Anyhoo, all I wish is that this is a good item and the people who purchased it really love it.  I almost wonder if they were maybe made by the LC company since they look more like LC than any other Chinese import of this type of product.  If so, that's a step in the right direction because LC is such a good company.   

When a good company makes products in SE Asia, they tend to pay more attention to quality, so as to not tarnish their name.  Smiley Happy

My order had not arrived so I was checking out reviews on it as well. QVC had a Technique branded cast iron Dutch Oven like 8-10yrs ago that was really well made. I bought it on clearance and used it for years until purchasing more expensive LC and Staub. If the quality is on par with that, I will be happy. I have all the big pieces I need, just looking for some small stuff so this may end up great for the money. I will know more when it gets here. 

i don't know who makes it for QVC but they definitely took the gradient coloring directly from the LC look.