Valued Contributor

Carolyn and Jane gourmet food show

The show yesterday was great and both wondered why TPTB do not schedule them as a duo more often....I agree!  The two breezed thru the food selections effortlessly and I for one enjoyed it.  If we like watching we will buy...if we do not like watching....click.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn and Jane gourmet food show

Two old-school, seasoned hosts. So much more enjoyable than some of the other food show hosts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree, they were wonderful. 

I have mostly stopped watching the food shows because of the ridiculous life-changing histrionics that go on with the usual two hosts. Rachel is too claustrophobic with hovering over everything and pointing her hands down uncomfortably close onto food displays, even when the vendor is already holding it.  Alberti, who I do enjoy as a host on anything else, is so incredibly exaggerated when he tastes food, I cannot believe one thing he says.

While Carolyn and Jane still must maintain the uber enthusiasm, they know how to do it well and stop right before it gets intolerable to the viewer.  They were great!

[....and I made a purchase, which I have not done in ages!]

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have to agree, they were wonderful. 

I have mostly stopped watching the food shows because of the ridiculous life-changing histrionics that go on with the usual two hosts. Rachel is too claustrophobic with hovering over everything and pointing her hands down uncomfortably close onto displayed.  Alberti, who I do enjoy as a host on anything else, is so incredibly exaggerated when he tastes food, I cannot believe one thing he says.

While Carolyn and Jane still must maintain the uber enthusiasm, they know how to do it well and stop right before it gets intolerable to the viewer.  They were great!

[....and I made a purchase, which I have not done in ages!]

Absolutely agreed on all. I never watch food anymore.  I watched yesterday, and really enjoyed Carolyn & Jane. I didn't need anything yesterday, but usually buy food when I'm watching. Granted, they both are doing plenty of their own shows lately to become regulars for food...but they should put them together occasinally...Much better. Give me the seasoned, pros anyday. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry, when I saw it was those two it was an immediate click. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

JT is unbearable.....never watch

Honored Contributor

I can't stand watching Jane.  So I don't.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Two old-school, seasoned hosts. So much more enjoyable than some of the other food show hosts.

I agree. There are some who are just unwatchable, so I change the channel.

Trusted Contributor

Although I can't stand to listen to Jane's inane prattle, she is still more watchable than Alberti and his cohost  buddy Rachel.

Honored Contributor

Those are the two I seldom watch.  JRT is just annoying more than anything, but CG just grosses me out.  She crams food in her mouth like there's no tomorrow, spilling it over herself, like she's never had a meal.  Then she opens her mouth full of food to talk.   Her disingenuousness is what gets me the most, though.