Honored Contributor

Re: Carnie Wilson On Evine Live

didn't watch that show . totally agree with wondering why these celebs with pre or full blown diabetes think it's ok to push the sugars and carbs. I was dx in June with type2 and have been strictly watching the bad carbs; have lost weight and got my A1C down from 6.5 to 5.9. in 3 months. so it's well managed and no meds---yet. but still don't eat desserts and really don't have much a craving for them. not interested in her book and will stay on my plan.

Honored Contributor

I won't go into the how or why regarding re-gaining weight and what to do about losing and/or keeping it off...there's enough research out there that, in the end, people simply have to choose priorities and made decisions to support those choices. As for Carnie and her sweets:

I THINK it was on a Housewives of One Of Those Places where she was a guest on who just "happened" to be showing off her new treats for her new line/business of treats. She was back to being large but NOT as large as in the past and she talked about the irony (like an alcoholic who works as a bartender).

Food is a BIG deal for Carnie and Valerie...huge deal. So much of their lives revolve around it and now, needed money, it's a way for them to provide an income doing something they love (both claim they love cooking). In the end, they, like everyone else, will have to deal with their health whether trim or not. I wish them both luck and peace.

Honored Contributor

Always interesting to see the same posters producing the same prose about obesity.

As long as you’ve been 50 or more pounds overweight because you’ve been eating poorly, I have no problem reading your theories of life management, however misguided I may think they are.

If instead, you have NOT known the complexity of morbid obesity and its consequences, please don’t think you’re speaking for me, because you really can’t.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Always interesting to see the same posters producing the same prose about obesity.

As long as you’ve been 50 or more pounds overweight because you’ve been eating poorly, I have no problem reading your theories of life management, however misguided I may think they are.

If instead, you have NOT known the complexity of morbid obesity and its consequences, please don’t think you’re speaking for me, because you really can’t.

@violann I don't see anyone speaking for you. I see those who have lost a large amount of weight (myself included) and others who may or may not have (don't know as they didn't say) stating their opinion.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion and you're right; you don't have to agree with it. But they ARE allowed one and ARE allowed to state it no matter the topic.

Respected Contributor

This opinion is aimed at nobody-it's a statement.  I don't rely on celebrities or celebrity chefs to guide my nutrition choices or health.

I can decide for myself what to eat-or whether I can even eat it at all.

I don't have role models-and I don't expect cook book authors to be role models.

I find it kind of funny that I read an article in a well known magazine about two months ago about Giada Delaurentis (sic)-and what she eats....she eats nothing that she prepares on her shows.....they gave a run down of what she eats on a day to day basis-and I was shocked.

So, here we go- she is a celebrity-looks healthy-but she also gets hair, makeup and lighting for her shows. She consumes around 1200 calories or less-far less....but that's her business and not mine.

My point? Go ahead and judge: you ultimately decide what goes into your mouth and what doesn't.

None of us here know about private lives etc...and if women find creativity in cooking-or passing on recipes from their families, who are we to judge?????

We can always substitute ingredients too....let's just stop the judgement.

Poodlepet2