Honored Contributor

I do enjoy her and like her personality.  I just find it odd that she is selling sugary desserts and such when she had such a struggle  with weight.   She lost all that weight with the surgery and then gained most of it back.  Now sells desserts?

Same goes for Valerie  bertinelli ... she has gained so much weight and  now has food shows making high calorie meals and sells fating food.   I would think she would be offering healthy alternatives as she struggles with her weight since her bikini commercial for Jenny Craig and all her work out CD's etc.  

Gaining the weight back  as they both have  is not the issue here, such is life.

For me it  is going from one extreme to another?  I find it very confusing to believe  what they say and do.  It is almost like they gave up the battle. 

810DklBYzYL._SY445_.jpg1490808965568.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: Carnie Wilson On Evine Live

When shilling for Jenny it pays to be thin.  When selling cookbooks you can be fat and still make money.

As thin as Valerie and Carnie got in their super skinny photos that is hard to maintain unless you embrace the lifestyle forever.  Not everyone can.  It is one thing to be active because you truly like it...another so you can lose weight.

Honored Contributor

So because someone has gained weight then they should not be eating or selling good food!!??  I, for one am not going to not eat what I like because I am heavier than I once was. I am so over all the healthier alternatives that just do not satisfy all the time!  I don't want something that just tastes ok and eat only healthy meals that  actually taste really good - but not all the time!   I am healthy, well toned due to daily workouts that I never miss and that means more to me than the sweets and high fat foods I eat and love at times.  Also, you do not have to eat large portions of sweets or high fat foods either.

Honored Contributor

Are the sugary desserts not good?  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Are the sugary desserts not good?  

@GCR18   Tasting? Probably.  Good for your health overall? Probably not. 

Honored Contributor

Much of the food and cookbook selections I see on the show when I happen to watch are not so geared towards fresh and healthful (which can be delicious) as it is toward ooye-gooey concoctions, whether sugary or savory.

Of course you can indulge occasionally, but given the stats on weight in our country, apparently too many indulge on a regular basis.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

ON the other hand, you don't want to die with the crumbs of a piece of carrot or celery on your lips!!!!

I've lost 47 pounds since Jan 1, 2017, on a very low carb diet.( 212.5 to 165.2 at 5'9")

When I see the articles on Valerie and Carnie, it makes me very nervous...I DON"T want to gain the weight back...as I have on EVERY diet of my entire life. It's so discouraging.

THere ARE times when I so want candy, cake, pizza, or any number of high carb food.....When I went into Walmart this week past the wall of Halloween candy at the entrance, it was agonizing.....

I live alone and it is very easy to control what comes into my home.....but I'm only 61, and when I think of NEVER having high carb food again, it depresses me...

When people ask "YOu mean you'll NEVER have another _________?"

And I answer," I don't know about NEVER, but I won't eat that today".

One side effect of low carb is it COMPLETELY killed my craving for beer or alcohol, which I drank WAAAAAY too much of. Been 9 months since my last drink.  I am now afraid if I reintroduce carbs I will start to crave carb-laden beer and wines again.

The GOOD thing about very low carb-my appetite is suppressed to the point that I have no cravings. And, I'm on NO medications( but I wasn't at my highest weight either) My doctor was very happy.

Last fall I was baking a pie ( and EATING It) every two or three days...my drink of choice was apple cider-gallons of it- and beer for dessert. Between the pie, the beer and the cider, it was terrible.....

Super Contributor

I know Carnie likes to cook and I have seen her on cooking competitions in the past.  I also saw her on Dr. Oz one time where he told her she was pre-diabetic.  She seemed shocked by the news and gave the impression she was going to live a healthier lifestyle.  Most likely, it's a case of anything for a buck, like many celebrity products.

Honored Contributor

The way I look at it, it is just more "cuteness" pushing fatty baby food that people love now.  

The thing is that when people who have struggled with their weight push it they so often do it with the "aren't we being naughty" giggle, like it is oh ok.  Pioneer Woman and Paula Deen come to mind.

To me, it is sort of like saying oh crack is ok once in awhile.  I'd like to see these folks balance what they are pushing more and be more realistic about how much grease and sugar one should shovel in. 

It' is very phony and disingenuous to me, which is a real turnoff. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The way I look at it, it is just more "cuteness" pushing fatty baby food that people love now.  

The thing is that when people who have struggled with their weight push it they so often do it with the "aren't we being naughty" giggle, like it is oh ok.  Pioneer Woman and Paula Deen come to mind.

To me, it is sort of like saying oh crack is ok once in awhile.  I'd like to see these folks balance what they are pushing more and be more realistic about how much grease and sugar one should shovel in. 

It' is very phony and disingenuous to me, which is a real turnoff. 

@Sooner   Everything you said....YES!!!  David the host is the worst at doing this... dancing and prancing while eating bacon and mac and cheese.... acting ridiculous and acting like it is OK to eat poorly and it is fun and cute.  Thumbs down with this message.....