Respected Contributor

Re: Canned Chili for Hot Dogs?

@Sooner  Last week  wanted a chili dog but buying a can of chili did not appeal to me. Went to Wendy's drive thru and bought a container of their chili...problem solved.

Honored Contributor

Amy's

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Amy's.  

Also, I always keep Trader Joe's chili in the cupboard.

When my husband has a craving for a "dog" (lightlife from TJs)....and I don't have time for Instant Pot chili,  I heat up a can of TJ's bean chili, half a can of their fire-roasted tomatoes, a small can of roasted green chilies, dash of chipolte and Mexican Fiesta seasoning.  It is served with all the fixins like chopped onions and sauerkraut.....he is a happy camper and it only took a few minutes!

Respected Contributor

We like Hormel chili without beans for hot dogs, with a thin line of yellow mustard spread across the top.

It's hard to use a whole can, even the smaller size can that Hormel sells.  We freeze what we can't use immediatey in small containers.

Respected Contributor

YUM!

Article | Trader Joe's

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Sooner  Last week  wanted a chili dog but buying a can of chili did not appeal to me. Went to Wendy's drive thru and bought a container of their chili...problem solved.

@panda1234 Well, not solved if you aren't doing takeout now.  But otherwise, that would have been a great idea! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Stagg Chili for hot dogs.  I don't make a whole pot of chili just to have chili dogs.

Stagg Steakhouse Reserve Chili with Beans, 15 oz, 6-count

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Go buy some chili from Wendy's Resturant. It is what I would use, I get it from there when I want some chili mac and just pour it over some elbow macaroni.It would be great on hotdogs. Years ago they used to sell chili dogs as part of their menu.

Honored Contributor

Castleberry or Custard Stand are the only brands of chili I will buy.   

90% of the time I make hot dog chili with ground beef, onions, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and a bit of water.   

Honored Contributor

i have to say i love chili on a kosher hot dog......extra chopped vidalia onions please, maybe a little mustard on the bun.......but i DONT like chili with beans on a hot dog.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein