Honored Contributor

I need some chili for a few hot dogs next week--and I am not keen on making chili now.

Are any of the canned ones fit for a hot dog????

THANKS! Desperate times call for desperate measures!Woman Wink

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Re: Canned Chili for Hot Dogs?

[ Edited ]

We love Hormel canned chili for hot dogs!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husbsnd is a big chili dog fan.  His favorite brand is Castleberrys chili sauce for hot dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

We use to use Dennison's.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Dennison's here! Their chili without beans and their regular chili are both very mild, in case that matters. I like using them for chili dogs, baked potatoes, and the like, but if I want a real hearty bowl of chili, the flavor isn't quite enough for me.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Another vote here for Hormel !! 

Honored Contributor

I used to eat Kelly's Chili no Beans exclusively on hot dogs, but, of course since I like it, they went out of business.  After that I settled for Hormel.  It was the best I could find, but was lacking.  Then, one day I found some Vietti Artisan Ancho Chili in the clearance bin at Kroger and gave it a try and now it is my favorite Chili.  Not the same thing as the regular Vietti Chili.  It comes in a can with a green background on it vs the red for the regular stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

My husbsnd is a big chili dog fan.  His favorite brand is Castleberrys chili sauce for not dogs.

@Carmie Don't have that brand here!  Woman Frustrated

@qbetzforreal @loriqvc  Don't have Dennison's either!

For good hearty chili I use really good beef and 2 Alarm Chili Mix--which I do love! But I'm not feeling it now!  About all we have is Hormel (I'll go with that I guess) and Wolf brand!  

Contributor

I have two favorites, as I Love ❤️ Chili Dogs & eat them quite often!  They are the Hormel  brand with No Beans & for the most affordable & very good is the Walmart brand 

Great Value Hot Dog Chili Sauce  (50 cents)!  Either one is excellent!  Try them both & you decide!  

Honored Contributor

recently bought a case of canned chili for hot dogs from amazon.

armour chili for hot dogs.png

it has now doubled in price for some reason.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein