Trusted Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron ridiculous price

The only cookware I have purchased with someone's name have been from real chefs (Wolfgang or Curtis Stone). NOT from a B-list (C?) celebrity who really didn't seem to have much command over what she was doing.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I thought she always went by the name of Candace Cameron Bure.  Wonder what happened to the "Bure" part of her name.  Never knew she was a cooking guru (of sorts).  I see her occasionally on Hallmark movies.

She didn’t seem to know squat about cooking. Just another pseudo celeb cashing in. 🤦‍♀️

Ok normally I wouldn't wade into a thread like this but goodness in terms of "cooking" the only claim to fame I am aware of is her tuna in a pouch commercials.  To be honest, I am kind of stunned she has a line of cookware.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe Candace is cashing in since Full House is on many minds thanks to Lori Loughlin's notoriety.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

The price didn't shock me, but the endorsement did. Why on Earth would I take cooking advice from her?  It's the same with Valerie Bertinelli.  I'm sure they are great home cooks, but so are we.  They'll slap their names on anything to make a buck.  I always had a tremendous amount of respect for Martha Stewart and in the early days I could trust anything she had her name on, but I can't say I trust that anymore.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

@AuntG  I am not a cook and will be the first to admit it. I have my mother's Revere ware that she received as a wedding gift. The pots are at least 60 years old. You can't kill them. A skillet can be purchased locally for me and my level of cooking. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, and I forgot to point out that they are only oven safe up to 350° 

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

QVC will continue to sell them if they do well.

QVC sells very expensive items, I bought arte d’ Oro 18K Gold bracelet years ago.  These would be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase that someone would be willing to make, maybe as a wedding present.  Trump has his name on everything. 

Honored Contributor

The cookware line didn't interest me at all.  She has been on selling a skincare line and now cookware.  Not sure the cookware went over that well.  To me it was pricey, but I don't need any cookware anyway.  I do cook a lot but have a more than sufficient supply.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever  I didn't get queasy. The prices and looks are similar to All Clad. I don't have the luxury to pay any amount for my cookware, so I pick and choose. I have some All Clad sautee pans and steamer pot (present from my son), and I love them. I did check the Candice items out on Amazon, and it seems they are made in China. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'm buying All Clad from Cannonsburg, PA. That being said, I liked the lids on these. We all have to do our research and buy the cooking items we think will work for us and we can afford. To address your comment about the prices being inflated, they seem to be favorably comparable to the CookCraft on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

My opinion is she’s just getting on board the same celebrity endorsement train with everyone else who feels they’re important enough to sell a product.  

At 64 years old, I’m not putting big dollars into cookware, although I encourage my daughters to buy quality pieces, and have purchased LeCrueset pieces for them.   

Now Ree Drummond has a line of frozen entrees.   Move over Stouffers and Marie Callendar!