Honored Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron ridiculous price

I think the argument is ridiculous.  Just because I wouldn't spend $75,000 for a car, Mercedes or Audi shouldn't sell cars at that price?   Or because I wouldn't spend even $15 for a bottle of wine, no one else should?  After all, I can buy a perfecrly acceptable car or bottle for less.

I give the vast majority of shoppers way more credit for wisely choosing how to spend their own money than OP does. How many little old ladies living far away from reality are going to cough up $300 for 2 pans?  Who is it OP thinks she's protecting?  Not a single person I know!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I thought she always went by the name of Candace Cameron Bure.  Wonder what happened to the "Bure" part of her name.  Never knew she was a cooking guru (of sorts).  I see her occasionally on Hallmark movies.

She didn’t seem to know squat about cooking. Just another pseudo celeb cashing in. 🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I think the argument is ridiculous.  Just because I wouldn't spend $75,000 for a car, Mercedes or Audi shouldn't sell cars at that price?   Or because I wouldn't spend even $15 for a bottle of wine, no one else should?  After all, I can buy a perfecrly acceptable car or bottle for less.

I give the vast majority of shoppers way more credit for wisely choosing how to spend their own money than OP does. How many little old ladies living far away from reality are going to cough up $300 for 2 pans?  Who is it OP thinks she's protecting?  Not a single person I know!

I agree, there is no shame involved, we all have different price points that make us comfortable. What makes me shake my head is that the Q doesn’t seem clear as to who their customer is . It seems like they are trying to introduce higher end items, but they push easy pay like crazy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Why should Q be ashamed? They're offering lots of cookware at different price points & if someone buys those pans it's their decision, money & business.

Honored Contributor

I don’t buy celebrity endorsed products. They are all shilling something. Stay in your lane. 

Esteemed Contributor

These pans are tri-ply stainless steel, which is considered top-quality cookware (think All Clad and similar brands), and the shatter-resistant glass lids and 10-year warranty contribute to the higher cost. Whether you want to buy them is up to you, but the asking price is in line with similar cookware sets.

Honored Contributor

For my type of cooking, NO. But for others, it may be perfect.

Honored Contributor

We all have different incomes and likes and that's okay.  

Super Contributor

Oh wow. I didn't know she had her own line of anything. The high price is probably for the name just like all the other celebrities that like to cook.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1I don't even know who she is.  

Then again, I've never paid for anyone's name on any of the pans I've cooked in.