Respected Contributor

Re: Can you please recommend a good ham for the holidays?

Another vote for Aldis.  We never found a good spiral sliced ham (even paying $$$), but on the recommendations seen here in the past, I gave it one more try.  Now it's the only ham we buy.

Respected Contributor

If you are anywhere in the Texas hill country -  Texas Honey Ham in Austin, in the West Lake area.

Seriously, yummy! ❤️

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

For many years, we bought Honeybaked Hams and loved them. (The trick is to serve them at room temperature, or only slightly warmed.)

A few times we've bought spiral hams from Target. They were also good.

And a couple of years ago, DH brought home a spiral ham from Aldi's. It was also delicious.

The Target and Aldi hams were a lot cheaper, with no loss in quality IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Ellabella wrote:
I'd like to serve ham for a Christmas dinner but need some suggestions where to purchase one or what kind you all prefer. Thanks so much!

We just celebrated our Christmas dinner with the family on Saturday. I got an official Honeybaked Ham from their store. It was phenominal! Everyone just raved about it! Dearborn Hams are awefilly good also! 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I have tried all sorts of hams. From the most expensive to the not so expensive. Aldi's has a very good ham. I have served it many times and people ask me where I got it. Enjoy !!!

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

for years my mother, then I, always bought the Cook's Bone in ham - they were always moist and delicous..Then I started buying spiral sliced hams for the convenience and honestly they always seem dry compared to the Cooks. Hopefully, I'll find one this year!

Valued Contributor

Kentucky Brand I get at Giant Eagle.  

Frequent Contributor

My good friend always buys hers from GFS (Gordons Food Service) and raves about them. She gets pre-cooked prime rib there too, expensive though, but the directions are on the wrapper and all you have to do is warm it up. That's why restaurants get them there. You can't screw them up.

Honored Contributor

@Shopper Mania wrote:

My good friend always buys hers from GFS (Gordons Food Service) and raves about them. She gets pre-cooked prime rib there too, expensive though, but the directions are on the wrapper and all you have to do is warm it up. That's why restaurants get them there. You can't screw them up.

@Shopper Mania while I have not purchased these products from GFS I am a huge fan of their offerings . . . for me, you cannot beat their quality and have never been disappointed with anything I have purchased from them plus they have the nicest, most helpful folks working there.

I have to check out the pre-cooked prime rib as I don't believe I have ever seen this before so thank you for the head's up! . . . Smiley Happy