Valued Contributor

Re: Can you help me with flounder, how do I yummy it up?

Thanks ladies so much, I'm going to do the Italian salad dressing one, thanks so much. Wish me luck, here I go.

Valued Contributor

Hope you didn't cook yet. This is SO easy! -spray a bit of Pam or brush some olive oil, etc on a microwave safe dish. Place flounder pieces flat, try not to overlap. I used to use a 13x9" pan. Cut up a couple of tomatoes into 1/2 round slices. And, place them on the flounder. (Any white fish) -Take a bit of butter and cut into little pieces and scatter over the fish and tomatoes. -Then sprinkle panko crumbs, bread crumbs or cornmeal for a bit of crunch. -Drizzle with a bit of olive oil -Put a 1/4+ cup. of any white wine you have, sherry, or dry vermouth in the pan, but not over fish. The alcohol burns off (no worries with the kids) and the aromatics of the wine and added flavor are so good. -Cook in microwave on 80% for about 8 minutes, if you need more time, depending on the thickness of any fish, go in 5 minute increments and watch it. Everyone's microwave is different. -When it's white and flakey, it's done! Easy peasy! **You can add other things as well: capers, baby spinach-under the fish, artichokes, etc. any quick cooking or already cooked vegetables. My kids LOVED this when they were growing up and still make it now they are on their own!
Valued Contributor

The recipe didn't post at all as I wrote it! I had it line by line for you. Sorry!
Honored Contributor

My favorite way is to fry it. Dry the fillets, dust them lightly with flour, dip the fillets in a beaten egg wash, then coat them with a layer of finely ground panko breadcrumbs. Fry at 375 degrees until golden brown.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I ended up rubbing it in flour, salt and pepper, then fried it and then I drizzled the Italian salad dressing on it and on the rice. It turned out good enough to eat. My daughter who/whom it extremely picky, liked it. She eats no meat, none, but she will eat seafood. So I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gardenman I will try the panko bread crumbs next time. Gemspirit I have copied your recipe too, will attempt it one of these days, each and every recipe sounds delicious, I appreciate your help.