Valued Contributor

Can you help me with an item number?

A couple weeks ago on ITKWM I think they showed a small saucer with bumps on it that you could mince garlic on and it came with a miniture brush, I would like to order it but I can't find it, does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Respected Contributor

Re: Can you help me with an item number?

@gulf coast girl 

Is this it?

K50741
Geoffrey Zakarian Garlic Peel & Crush Prep Set $17.59

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Is it K50831 - the Grate plate?  It is sold out. 

5CC2EABB-282C-4A3A-B9FA-DCFE77D57031.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@gulf coast girl 

I can't locate on Q but if you go to "A" they have large selection of them.

just search: garlic dish grater

D621AF59-702C-46A1-BE10-471EEAF9E70D.jpeg

Valued Contributor

yes that was it, it's magic, shoot, however thank you home decor1, I'll go check them out!!!

Respected Contributor

@gulf coast girl 

I don't have a lot of confidence in this little unit.  I bought something similar peeling your garlic, putting it in the unit and mine is supposed to grate, it doesn't, the garlic gets stuck in the blades.

This one is a little unit, put your garlic cloves in and press, its supposed to smash the garlic cloves.

Honestly, the best way is to use the back of a knife to pound the clove and it peels easy then use the back of the blade to smash the garlic clove.

The consistency of the clove changes with how old it is.  If you have really fresh garlic, smashing is pretty easy, if it's a little old, it doesn't smash easy.

Honored Contributor

ITA w/JustBling.    It's pretty easy to do as described, so I kind of don't get these particular gadgets and it seems like it makes it a lot more complicated.