Honored Contributor

Can't we have dates back on original posts?

Some of this info is really time sensitive, like recalls. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't we have dates back on original posts?

[ Edited ]

I would like to see both TIME and DATES on ALL the posts - original or otherwise. Never sure exactly what is what sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

I agree,

Boop

Honored Contributor

Go to your 'Preferences', then click on 'Display' & scroll down to 'Use Relative Dates' and uncheck that box, then save.

This will put the time & dates on the posts/threads.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

IG, what I would like is to have the date and time of the original post listed on the list of topics. For instance, when I go to "Kitchen" I see the title, and the date of the latest post (which is on the right side), but not the date or time of the original post. So, from scrolling through the topics, there is no way to know if something is very old. I may click on a topic thinking it is new, and then the date shows. I think, oh, yeah, that was from ages ago.

Everything here seems to take more steps now. So, the only thing I can come up with is that they want everything to take more steps. More clicking around here I guess.
Regular Contributor

Thank you, IG, for letting us know how to do this. It worked!!

Trusted Contributor

IG and susielong,
Quick question. When you click on "Kitchen" and see the topics listed, do you see a date and time of the original post?

I have to click on the individual topic, and then I can see date and time of the original post, and the other posts too, of course.

Thanks!
Regular Contributor

Oceantown, yes I see the topics listed and the date and time and I don't have to click on the topic to see that anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Go to your 'Preferences', then click on 'Display' & scroll down to 'Use Relative Dates' and uncheck that box, then save.

This will put the time & dates on the posts/threads.

Thanks so much!!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

susielong,
Well this is sure strange. I had already unchecked the box "use relative dates" and clicked save.

Just now I even went back and changed a couple things and clicked save. Wow, changed it back. One of the settings, can't remember which one, maybe "grid" really messed things up. Each title in the list also included indented titles of the same topic. Hard to describe, but messed up. Most of the changes that I clicked made no difference that I could tell.

Anyway, I have that box unchecked. When I click on "kitchen" and look at the list of topics, there is no date or time of original post. I have to click on the title to see the date and time.

The headings I see are
Subject, Replies, New, Author, Hearts, Latest Post.

Anyway, thanks so much for your reply, susielong.