Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Anybody Eat Plain Food Now?

[ Edited ]

Simple food...the best!   Lots of fruits, veggies, complex carbs simply prepared with a small amount of legumes, grains, nuts/seeds and a smidge of good fat like avo.  I'm happy and healthyHeart

Honored Contributor

I suspect my laziness is one of the reasons I eat plain when I eat in my own kitchen which I do almost always.

When I eat out, I try to order something I wouldn't go to the trouble to make at home.  But even that isn't anything weird.

Honored Contributor

Food is just like any other thing---fads come and go---I like the new stuff on occasion but cook very simple meals with as few ingredients as I can, yet tasty and satisfying. I cook from scratch and always have. My hubs is a plain eater--he is not into the "fancy" stuff as he calls it. I don't use the boxed junk at all but do use the prepared things like cut up vegs as my hands don't work very well to handle a knife safely. Would LOVE  to have someone come cook for me--I'd eat whatever was cooked  and would clean up after, but that's not gonna happen-

:-(

Honored Contributor

While I enjoy a piece of fresh salmon or halibut and hitting the Farmer's Markets for fresh produce I also enjoy trying new foods and food combinations. I like trying different ethnic dishes.  I sometimes take cooking lessons at our local co-op and I have piles of recipes I have torn out of magazines, newspaper or printed from food blogs over time.  I like to try a new recipe and I am the first to admit not all are winners!

Honored Contributor

One of our favorites is fresh caught salmon, cooked on the George Forman grill. We always have a piece for the dog. He enjoys the meal too.

Honored Contributor

We like simple, fresh foods and also all sorts of interesting recipes and ethnic food.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I agree with everyone here!  I DO NOT understand the obsession with ranch!!  People use it on everything!!  Do you want everything you eat to taste the same??  

I prefer plain, regular food.  Not a sauce or dipping fan at all.

Glad to know I am not alone!!1

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Fusion - anything that doesn't make sense is labeled as fusion cusine. Much nicer than what the heck am I eating.

Similar to the pumpkin craze that hits every Fall - pumpkin coffee, is now a staple.

sssh I had a Schnippers burger yesterday w/bacon

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes like the Doughees cookie cups Q sells. Just saw those the other day. I thought oh gross who wants those. If I want to eat a cookie I want a plain ol  cookie by itself not with stuff stuffed inside.  

I have tried the chocolate covered bacon in Fl at Peterbrooke Chocolatier. Yuck

I love fresh fruit so finally that time of year. Yum!!!

I also love Filet Mignon cooked in a cast iron skillet. Turns out perfect!! Just ate that for dinner last night. 

Honored Contributor

yeah, how about pineapple pizza ?  Gag a rama ! You all see those IHOP commercials?   People eat all that goop for breakfast ? That's my calorie count for the day.

whipped creme, strawberries, ice cream, all matters of toppings, choc on and on . We eat pancakes once a week on Sun. Mine is I can't believe it's not butter and little syrup, period. LOL

what kids see on TV is horrible, plus, when you go thru a drive thru they want you to supersize everything. I'll order just a fish sandwich to take home they will say:

"you want large fries and do you want to supersize your drink"? No , I don't want fries, period, just the sandwich, thank you.  They act like I just told them to kiss it or something. LOL