Frequent Contributor

Can someone explain once again to me why cant they eat on air?

It's been said from day one, that  this covid 19 is not transmitted thru food. it cannot make anyone get the virus.  Ive seen them drink wine etc.. so why not food? Just wondering. all they do is disgustingly squeeze and annihilate the food! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can someone explain once again to me why cant they eat on air?

We have discusssed this over and OVER again.  When they drink wine they are the only one pouring it from the bottle into the glass.  When they eat the food too many people are handling it.  

I don't understand why so many people care that they are not eating the food.  I for one am glad they are not eating it because one of them ever did it gracefully, usually just the opposite.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer them to ......... squeeze rather than chew...................

Esteemed Contributor

David has expressed in detail on several occasions, that it is done as a precautionary measure. They have strict guidelines they MUST adhere to because of unknown food handling variables.

I would wager the food sits out much longer than usual, because of the drastically reduced staff, making it potentially unsafe for consumption.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

The CDC is where you need to go to educate yourself. COVID19 is a respiratory disease. 

Respected Contributor

If someone needs something explained again, that to me at least, denotes the answer has already been explained. So why on earth take such a negative response to another poster pointing it out? 

Honored Contributor

Even in good times, I often feel safer preparing my own food at home than eating out.  Add on the pandemic and so far, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've eaten out or brought home take-out.

If I were a host, I'd have plenty of reasons to avoid eating, but I fully understand why they might well take a sip of a liquid.

Super Contributor

@DEBBIE14 @I am with you.  I have said it before, IT MAKES NO SENSE.    If it's safe for us to eat food from restaurants it is safe for them to eat.   If reduced staff is the problem they can still figure this out.    It is at total odds with any warnings we have been given on consuming food.   

For those of you tired of discussing, we are tired of you dismissing those who are questioning a policy change and just accepting it must be a Covid thing.    I think the "not eating" is for all for show, nothing else. But it sure feeds an unfounded fear that we can't even enjoy eating food without fear these days.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

David has expressed in detail on several occasions, that it is done as a precautionary measure. They have strict guidelines they MUST adhere to because of unknown food handling variables.

I would wager the food sits out much longer than usual, because of the drastically reduced staff, making it potentially unsafe for consumption.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Thank you, @SandySparkles.❤️  I've heard him say this, too, and I don't watch his shows often so I'm guessing he has mentioned it with some frequency.  The on-air studio setting has concerns which are different from a restaurant or other food outlet setting, and the precautions would also be different.  
No harm in folks asking, though, if they haven't heard or read the explanations.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  I concur!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖