Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried to freeze peanut M&Ms?  I have a huge bag and would like to put them into smaller freezer bags and save them in the freezer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can peanut M&Ms be frozen?

I buy peanut butter Easter eggs.........and keep them in the vegetable crisper.    They keep for a year or more.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Chocolate can freeze well but may get a white "bloom" on it.  The shell on M&Ms may prevent that. 

It would be difficult to get them airtight for the freezer.

Honored Contributor

Freeze the M&M’S!

Seriously, give it a try. Pop a bag in the freezer and then try a handful — and trust us, an entire handful will make this all the better.

The added crunch provides instant gratification. As you chew and get more of the crunchiness, you can feel the coldness on your tongue. And, as you continue to eat the M&M — you'll be chewing that handful for a bit — you'll start to feel the chocolate as it melts.

To this author's knowledge, there is no more pleasurable way to eat M&M’S. Freezing your M&M’S provides the best of all worlds. Yet if you run a search for frozen M&M’S, you get mostly people asking questions about whether you can actually freeze them. Oh yes, you absolutely can, young friends. You can and you should.

Source: Candy Industry 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know someone who loves them frozen with a bottle of beer. I also know people that eat frozen candybars.  Personally I feel chocolate tastes better at room temperature. 

Trusted Contributor

My absolute weakness, frozen M&M's - plain, peanut (and haven't tried the caramel ones), but those will go in the freezer as well. Just a handful when you need that sweet. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I always have some in my car all year round and with the subzero temps recently, they were fine.

Super Contributor

That bag would never last long enough to make it to the freezer around me, but I think they would be fine.

( One day this week I was frantically searching for an important paper I had misplaced. Eventually I did find the paper, but first I found a pair of diamond earrings I thought I had lost and I found a small bag of peanut m&m's I must have hidden in my dresser quite some time ago. They were way past the sell by date, but I was so happy about all of my finds that I just gobbled them up!)

Honored Contributor

I bet when they thawed, the condensation would make the coating on them  sticky mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes I've done it but peanut m&m's are my weakness & I do it so I don't eat the bag!!!

although they aren't in there too long ...I have no willpower!!😉🙄