Contributor

Can anyone give me advice about a fruit and vegetable juicer?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone give me advice about a fruit and vegetable juicer?

I've never had one but hear they are a bear to clean.  Lots of parts.  Heard that from QVC caller who told Jan she  gave up on juicers and bought the Vitamix.  I have a "V" and it works speed lightening and is fast to clean.

Respected Contributor

My advice is not to buy a juicer.  They throw out all the peel/pulp and seeds, etc.   Whereas a VitaMix or similar product incorporates the entire fruit or veggie into the liquid, so you lose nothing. To me, juicers are a joke.

Esteemed Contributor

I also agree, not to get a juicer.  I had one.  I hardly used it and it was awful to clean.

I have a NutraBlast and love it.  If I add watermelon or pineapple to any veggie ... I can drink it.   I would buy the NutraBlast Rx if this ever dies. 

Honored Contributor

If you want a juicer because it fits your budget, find one with a large chute.

Try to find one that advertises easy to clean, but none of them are easy to clean.

And it will also say you can use the pulp, but you won't.

Look around on here and read reviews and whether you buy from Amazon or not, go to Amazon, look for juicers in your price range and read the reviews.

Personally, I would buy one locally with a good return policy - Walmart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond for example.  After cleaning it a time or 2, you may end up hating it.

Invest in a Vitamix, like others have mentioned.

@lib1234 

Contributor

Thank you for all advice.  Everyone was helpful!

Trusted Contributor

I've been doing some research.  I've read that "slow" juicers or "slow masticating juicers" are best, but I'm still reading up on this.  I've also been looking at Amazon just to compare prices and reviews.