Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can a frozen dinner (Stouffers) be prepared in an AirFryer

[ Edited ]

How about using a Nesco or cheap knock off and plug it in on your porch or deck? Nescos  were designed to be used as portable ovens in farmhouses during the 30s.  I have several of these (different sizes) and have used them during warmer months when I didn't want to heat up my house.  I just used one last week to make ribs (we steam them).

Super Contributor

We have an older air fryer and toaster oven that we use on a small table on the patio during really hot days. It has proven to be a real winner in keeping the house cool. I like the Nesco oven idea a lot too.

Occasional Visitor

Yes ,you can! I cooked Stouffer frozen mac and cheese on my Ninjia smart XL. Remove top film and bake at 375 for about 40-45 mins. Stir half way through cooking  because center may still be frozen. Came out better than in the oven.

Regular Contributor

If you have a self-cleaning oven, it isn't shouldn't heat up the kitchen a lot.  They have a lot of insulation to account for the heat generated in cleaning.  

Honored Contributor

I thawed a stouffers family size mac & cheese.  It was still slightly icy when I put it in a crockpot to warm it up.  It worked beautifully.