Respected Contributor

Can a frozen dinner (Stouffers) be prepared in an AirFryer

Am new to using an airfryer.  My husband likes the frozen dinners he eats to be prepared in the oven vs the microwave.   

So I was wondering if they can be put in an airfryer so as not to heat up the kitchen.  I have looked in the manual and on line but it is not addressed.  I assume it can be done, but am concerned about whether it can be prepared in the packaging.

Any help appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can a frozen dinner (Stouffers) be prepared in an AirFryer

@Allegheny Yep, I'd be worried about the packaging too. Maybe check out Stouffer's website and send them an email? I'm a Stouffer's fan too! If you find out I'd be curious to know, even tho I don't have an air fryer.

Trusted Contributor

@Allegheny 

Yes, if your frozen food fits the air fryer.

~Life is short. You may die tomorrow.
Eat well. Because you are what you eat.~

Honored Contributor

What kind of a container is it in, foil I would say sure, paper I would say try to take it out and put it in foil.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Allegheny 

Why don't you call Stoffer's & ask them?  Toll free # is on the back of the box.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids   I called Stouffer's.  They have no tested data on using an airfryer to heat their meals.  She will put forward that there is a customer inquiry.  Of course I could probably remove the food and place it in one of the containers I purchased with my airfryer.

Someone asked what type of container they were currently in.  It an ovenproof plastic type container and a removable film that you pierce.

Perhaps one day I might just try to use the airfryer.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny Maybe since your husband prefers using the oven, you might consider a counter top oven/roaster, if the air fryer doesn't work out. 

I know what you mean about turning on the big kitchen oven in the summertime. I haven't had mine on in months.  Not in TX heat.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I prepare pot pies and frozen entrees in my air fryer often.   The pot pies come in paper type bowls so I remove them and cook in the metal pans that came with my air fryer.  

I let the food in the frozen meal thaw in the fridge and then put it in the same metal air fryer container to cook until hot and bubbly.    

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny Thanks for the update.

Respected Contributor

If the package can go in the oven, it can go in the air fryer.