Honored Contributor

Re: Can You Name A Fav Dessert You Haven't Had in Years???

@Carmie wrote:

When I was in high school, my sister made a pie with cream cheese, pinapple and heavy cream and  a graham cracker crust.  

She lost the recipe and never found it.  I still dream about that pie. It was to die for and I only had it once.

@Carmie 

Half and half, whipping cream, or sweetened condensed milk like Eagle Brand.

The original Millionare pie was made with whipping cream.

Creamy Classic Millionaire Pie - Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  wrote: I make the orgional banana pudding every year for Father's Day.  I double it and it almost fills a 4 qt. corningware casserole.

I make the "Not yo mommas bananna pudding" now. It's Paula Deens recipe made with cream cheese, instant french vanilla pudding, condensed milk, chessman cookies and  bananas of course. I used to take it to our work pot luck lunches before I retired and it was a favorite dessert. My coworkers would always tell me to bring it and they would line up to get their share. There was never any leftovers

Honored Contributor

Boston Cream Pie

Slice of Authentic Boston Cream Pie Recipe

Respected Contributor

Mango pie.  Came across it in Animal Kingdom WDW. After some research, found out the the company who makes it is very close to husband's office,  Delicious!

Valued Contributor

The "REAL" Junior's Cheesecake from Brooklyn NY.

Honored Contributor

Home made divinity and red velvet cake.

Esteemed Contributor

Strawberry shortcake that my DM used to make for me - the real shortcake kind. DM was indeed a baker (not so much me).

I miss all her baking: kiffles, pizzelles, the shortcake, coconut cream pie, even her pound cake warm out of the oven.

Regular Contributor

Godiva Chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The restaurant is an hour away and haven't gone in awhile. Yum! 

Esteemed Contributor

Sugar Cream Pie is a Hoosier (Indiana) thing but my mom's recipe calls for mostly brown sugar instead of white.  I haven't had her sugar cream pie in years.  I do have the recipe though.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Sugar Cream Pie is a Hoosier (Indiana) thing but my mom's recipe calls for mostly brown sugar instead of white.  I haven't had her sugar cream pie in years.  I do have the recipe though.  

@shoptilyadropagain 

If you don't mind, could you please share the recipe?  I have never seen that title in any cookbook.  Many thanks!

@house_cat You cook a lot, do you know of this pie? I know you bake a lot. Very interesting!Smiley Happy