Respected Contributor

Re: Can I remove the coffee from Kcup & brew as drip coffee?

• You can totally do  that. I had kurig k cups going out of code so I opened them up and brewed them in my regular coffee maker for ice coffe.good luck.
Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I love my Keurig, I can't relate.   

I love mine too.

I'm very late to the Keurig game, I just started using one about 2 years ago when I received one as a Christmas present.  I wasn't planning to buy one for myself.

But I love how fast and easy it is, and I love a certain coffee from Costco to use in it.  It's always consistantly good.  I found that my previous drip coffee maker didn't always make a good cup of coffee, I don't know why.  Probably the brand I was using or maybe the water level wasn't consistant.

I'd buy a new Keurig if this one broke.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey - Try the Bunn single serve - you use k-cups, pods, and tea. It comes with several "drawers" for the different item you want to brew.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Keurig too.  My "Mini" is  8 or 9 years old - works fine.  I originally bought it for my Mom - from QVC by the way - and when she died I ended up with it.   I never did think the coffee was hot enough for me though - I nuke it a bit after brewing.  When this one goes I'll definitely buy another one.  

Contributor

Try the Cusineart Kcup coffee maker.  Has lasted me at least 6 yrs now.  Kuerigs used to quit working on an annual basis.  Never will buy a Keurig again.

Valued Contributor

My Keurig died and I had a subscription service, so many kcups left. I decided to go drip, found a $10 5 cup pot brewer. I opened the Kcups and dumped them in a rubbermaid container and used it as regular ground coffee. It worked. It's just coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Hamilton Beach Flex Brew at Farm and Fleet $60   I can use kcups or ground.

I had my first cup of hot coffee in months.  It was great!

If it lasts more than a year I'll be happy.

Esteemed Contributor

What a coincidence.....my hubby just suggested this same thing a couple of hours ago. I cleaned/reorganized my spice cupboard and that's where we keep our coffee. We no longer use the Keurig since he drinks coffee throughout the day and it just isn't convenient for him. I found 2 boxes of k-cups in the cupboard - he suggested we just open them up and use the coffee daily in our regular brewer. It makes sense to me - coffee is coffee! Tomorrow morning we'll have coffee made from 4 regular k-cups and 1 cappuchino k-cup mixed together. We'll see!